Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Stuff hair?

Tttristan
@tttristan
11 years ago
12 posts
Hey I have been dreading for about a month now and after I was my hair it is stuff for a log time. I heard that was from build up but 2 weeks ago I used the neutrogena anti residue shampoo and since then has only been using dreadlock shampoo site shampoo which I heard doesn't cause build up but I have hard water.
updated by @tttristan: 02/14/15 06:28:00AM
the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

Do you still have stiff hair after using Neutrogena? Are you still going neglect? Did you add any products like wax or gels? Since using the Neutrogena, you have only used Dreadlock Shampoo? Are you rinsing out your hair well? Let's see what you answers are and then I can help you more. I have hard well water and it does not make my dreads stiff. (PS, only use the Neutrogena about 3 or 4 times a year, very drying to the scalp and hair, good for residue removal but strong stuff). Peace

Tttristan
@tttristan
11 years ago
12 posts
Yeah I am still neglecting and no I know wax and gels are horrible and yes since neutrogena only dreadlock shampoo, but yesterday I did just do a sea salt spray. i left it in for too long I know. i did it last night and washed it out a like 4 or 5 today
Tttristan
@tttristan
11 years ago
12 posts
It's my super stiff just more stuff than normal and mostly at the roots
the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

Sea salt will dry out the hair, so rinse it out by two hours. Are you using the bar or liquid form. If the bar, how did you use it? With the bar, you should wet your hands and rub the bar on it to get all lathered up, then rub your scalp with fingertips. When you rinse it out it will run through your sections

Tttristan
@tttristan
11 years ago
12 posts
I am washing with the bar and how you said I went swimming recently at a public pool so there was probably had a lot of chlorine does that wash out?
Tttristan
@tttristan
11 years ago
12 posts
Also wanted to say thank you for answering do quickly!
the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

As for the chlorine in a pool, go for a swim, dreads and hair love the water. Just wet your hair in their shower before you go in, that way it won't absorb as much chlorine, then when you are done swimming, give it a rinse again to get any chlorine. The more your hair gets wet, the faster it dreads, so have fun!

As for why your dreads are stiff, I am not sure, ask Soaring Eagle why that might be. You can click on his name in the Dreads Online box to the right and a chat box will open up, You can then chat live with him....peace

Tttristan
@tttristan
11 years ago
12 posts
K tyvm
the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

You're welcome, Curious to why they might be stiff, would you let me know when you find out?..thanks...peace

Tttristan said:

K tyvm
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form