Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Starter Method

the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

Hi new members, thinking of using a starter method for your dreadlocks? Although neglect / free form dreads are the best to grow, there are other methods as you will learn from Soaring Eagles posts. But just wanted to say to do your future dreads a favor and let your hair separate into sections naturally first. This will take a couple of weeks at most. Then use those sections for your started method. Let you hair TELL YOU where it wants the dreads to be. If any turn out to be larger than an inch at the scalp, just divide that. Some members have a cowl lick in their hair, so if you forced that into a section, it would get funky on you and try to come apart at the scalp area, buy letting it section on its own, this won't happen....Hope this helps you to get yor dream dreads....peace

updated by @the-barrellady: 03/07/18 03:53:57PM
the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

Hey Jonathan. Your sections will do crazy things like looping and zig zagging to become dreads. But if they are splitting at the roots, then yeah, I would start over being only two weeks into the journey. By letting the hair separate into sections naturally first, it is telling you where it wants to be. I would start over and do it right for happy dreads. Read my post if you have not already: http://www.dreadlockssite.com/forum/topics/just-starting-out-what-to-expect Hope this helps....peace

Jonathan Pasquette said:

Wish I'd done this, some of my sections are doing crazy things. Some are splitting at the root and others have formed more into a line of hair rather than a square/roundish section :/ Would it be a good idea to brush them out and re-section?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

jules the sections dont need to be real distinct just seperate as they try to combine

if u let them dread naturaly its best byt if u mean how to figure out ewhat to tnr u can see the sectu]=ions just grab 1 near the end lift it up clear of the others and tnr it

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

jonathan backcombing mostly damages the outter sheath of the hair if u comb out gently with a good conditioner then tnr it shouldnt add too much more

if u crochetted however youd have handfulls of broken hairs

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form