Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

HELP I FEEL IN THE POOL MY DREADS ARE 4 DAYS OLD

Olivia2
@olivia2
11 years ago
6 posts

I started my dreadlocks with twist and rip method 4 days ago. I have roughly 60 medium thickness 1 by 1 inch sections. Only half of them are done towards the front of my head. I feel in the deep end of the pool while I was cleaning it because my friend bent down to pick up a noodle and accidentally knocked me off balance. I'm freaking out are they ruined? Theres little chlorine in the pool because its my families pool. What should I do? There are so many more loose hairs and there really frizzy.:(

updated by @olivia2: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
Tara C
@tara-c
11 years ago
644 posts

Relax, it's really not as bad as you think lol. Yeah, when you wash them they tend to come loose or fall apart, but it's perfectly normal and a part of dreading. They'll dread up on their own, you don't need to re-do anything, just carry on as normal. If you keep re-doing them they won't dread, so even if they come loose, just let them be. Loose hairs are normal too, over time they either join a dread or form their own dread. I have loads of new dreads from all the loose hair :)

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

60 dreaes at 1 inch and only 1/2 done doesnt add up

30 dreads at 1 inch whole hed does

but so what dreads love water

go swim in the ocean instead

rinse out the chlotrine your fine

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

My goodness, dreads love water. The want to swim too! The love to dance in the waves, float in the pool...makes them move around and they can knot faster. As Soaring Eagle said, just give them a rinse with regular water after, and if you can before going in, give them a soak so they don't absorb as much chlorine. As for lake water or anything else, like the ocean, give them a rinse with fresh water after to get all the little floaties and other microbes out that are in the water.

The more the hair gets wet in the beginning, the faster they dread....enjoy your summer....peace

Olivia2
@olivia2
11 years ago
6 posts

Thank you all for your advice! I was initially freaked out because I was told to absolutely not let them get wet when they're young. It seems I was over worried. Thank you for the support.I hope you have good summersas well.:)

the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

Oh, just to let you know, 1 x 1 inch sections of where the hair meets the scalp is the largest you should go unless you want congos, really fat dreads. So the thickness of your mature dreads will be the thickness of the scalp area. Your t&r dreads will slowly shrink and fatten up becoming a mature dread. They will not be the thickness of what you see right now, they will change in appearance. Enjoy the journey....peace

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
11 years ago
2,702 posts

lol. No need to freak out. You should be getting them wet often, anyway. It's healthy to wash them 2-3 times/week when they are young. Never less than once a week, if you can help it.

Tanky T..
@tanky-t
11 years ago
17 posts

Hey im new to this journey too but im washing my hair atleast 3 times a week with bs and acv and my dreads are loving it. Iv got one natural one dread just as an experiment and its coming along very nicely! wash wash wash :)

Olivia2
@olivia2
11 years ago
6 posts

Its funny the journey makes me nervous but excited at the same time. Tentative about what i'm doing (if i'm doing things correctly) but very excited about what might come next.All of this information is very much appreciated and helpful thank you! I'm sure I will have more questions to come. :)

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form