Like this page? Then share it!
Dreadlocks Site Highly Recommends dreadlockshampoo.com

Dreadlocks site's servers are partialy funded by mining BTC on hashflare
any additional profits are donated to Fredoms Wings International Soaring for people with disabilities

Dreadlocks Forums

Ratios: Baking soda wash Apple cider vinegar rinse Sea salt mix

Salem Haley
@salem-haley
5 years ago
4 posts

This is exactly what I needed. Thank you for this!

updated by @salem-haley: 07/27/15 07:46:18AM
curtis2
@curtis2
5 years ago
8 posts
Thanks how many times a week do i do this
dizzy
@dizzy
5 years ago
21 posts

Though I've been dreading for nearly two months, I did my first bs wash last night. Not even kidding, my scalp has never felt this clean after 24 hours!

(Previously I was using a clarifying shampoo for oily hair, but I think I'll be switching to bs as soon as I can pick up some more.)

Janeen Nelson
@janeen-nelson
4 years ago
7 posts
I have only had my dreads for about a week and I JUST LOVE, LOVE, LOVE THEM! I washed for the 1st time yesterday, with a vegan shampoo I have been using for several months. I have a couple questions: with new locs, 1) how often should I do the BS/acv clRamses? 2) how badly will the BS strip my hair color? (I have always colored my hair red & I colored it about 2 weeks prior to dreading. I don't want to strip the color, but I do want to help my hair lock up) and finally, 3) How often should I spray the sea salt mixture on them? I have oily, thick, straight, extremely healthy hair and after the 1st wash quite a few of them have loosened a lot at the roots. I want them to lock up the best they can and I've heard that the BS/acv & sea salt helps a lot but I'm just not sure when or how often to use them. Thank you for the post & any quick responses! I LOVE THIS SITE & COME TO IT FOR ALL MY DREAD QUESTIONS!
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
4 years ago
28,421 posts

oh i thought u had them 2 months ok well just cause its a vegan sowsop dont make it agood dread soap

baking soda will strip color but if u sklip the acv will also strop oiliness

tho u dont need to do baking soda at all

www.dreadlockshampoo.com makes awesome vegan sosps just for dreads

the liquid contains sea salt they have a sea salt spray too

moiswt sea saltt sprays u want a 3.5% salinity and only spray on a few hours b4 u wash or rinse

the dtreadlockshampoo 1 has added vitamnins and proteins that make it safwer to leave in

but weekly is really plenty often

u can wash 1-3 tikes a week tho

--
27 years growing dreadlocks the natural way
My dreads are over 9 feet long
Janeen Nelson
@janeen-nelson
4 years ago
7 posts
I have been using the BS/ACV wash 2-3 times a week since I began my locks almost 3 weeks ago. Obviously they have loosened up at the roots, just like everyone's do lol, but are holding together really well for the most part. Would it be a bad idea to just do the baking soda wash & skip on the Acv for a little while? Or just use the acv maybe once a week instead of every time?
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
4 years ago
28,421 posts

depends only reason to do that is if your oily u can use the acv very weak but u do want to keep the ph in the right range

--
27 years growing dreadlocks the natural way
My dreads are over 9 feet long
J-Dub
@j-dub
4 years ago
6 posts

What shampoo are you using in between your monthly rinses?

the Barrellady said:

That's righ Antonio, Wash with the BS, rinse well, Then use the ACV, and rinse . Mixing them together at once causes damage to the scalp, you can burn it. Using them one at a time is safe and healthy for dreads and scalp. I did this for my entire first year of dreading, now do it once a month to exfoliate my scalp...peace

Antonio Llamar said:

so after you wash with the BS.. rinse and then use ACV? since you said not to mix ?

Thedude_676
@thedude-676
3 months ago
1 posts
So I just used the baking soda mix and apple cider vinegar mix my hair feels super greasy did I mess up?

/ 2
Dislike 0

Share This

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
Contact Form