Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Hair Length, and other questions!

Jessica Wilson2
@jessica-wilson2
11 years ago
2 posts

Hi! I'm new to the site. I've been lurking for a while now, just looking at timelines. I decided it was about time to join and post!

I long for dreads... I wake up in the middle of the night and just think about how much I wish for them.

There are so many things that I wish i could change, but as a drop out college student with an 8-4 desk job, a long distance relationship in which I am constantly yearning for my soul mate, and living with my parents, its really hard to make those changes.

I really want to begin my dreadlock journey. However, I have very very short, SUPER THIN hair that get oily very quickly, and it very bleach damage. Should I wait or should I attempt to begin? The back is super short and layered and I feel like wont hold a dread. My hair doesnt knot very easily and is always pin straight.

A second question, I've noticed that many dreadheads have a lighter color or blonde on their dread tips. Is this a natural thing to happen, or do many purposefully make this effect with bleach?

updated by @jessica-wilson2: 01/13/15 09:54:33PM
the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

Hi Jessica. Don't worry about dying damage to hair, they will still dread. Hair will start to knot at about 6 inches long, shorter hair will section itself, but won't start knotting. There is a supplement you can buy at your local drug store called Biotin, can be found in the vitamin section. Purchase the 6000mcg strength and take it daily to promote hair growth, results will be noticed in 3 months. If you can't find that dose, say you can only find 1000mcg, then just add up pills to equal 6000mcg, so you would take 6 pills. These are safe. If you can't find Biotin on the shelf in the vitamin section, just ask the pharmacist, they will order it in for you if they don't carry it.

All hair textures will dread, so don't think your won't , they will grow you beautiful dreadlocks in time.

You probably see blond tips etc. because many people stop bleaching or coloring their hair when they grow healthy dreadlocks, so that is the previous dye jobs.

Peace

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,639 posts

aww your a cutey an d will look great in dreads

u can start today and let it dread as it grows baking soda will make it less oily

it will have to grow b4 it dreds but u can start today

the blond tips are from the sun bleaching it

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Jessica Wilson2
@jessica-wilson2
11 years ago
2 posts
Thank you so much for the quick responses. I cant wait to start getting beautiful long dreads in a few years. I am so excited to begin!
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,639 posts

collect every comb and bottle of conditioner and all hair care products and toss em in the trash (better off recycling or find a re-use for em)

there ya started

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form