Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Encouragment... TRUE OR FALSE?!

Kubilay KAPUCU
@kubilay-kapucu
11 years ago
76 posts
So I took a shower today and used soap to wash my hair. m in an old and small city and the soap I used was hand made in this city. m not sure if its a dread friendly, mon-resedue soap but I can tell you that it had no conditionar to make my hair soft in anyway. even had a hard time running my finger thru my hair while washing it the second time with the soap. So im sure there is no conditioner. Well anyways i patted my hair with a towel and left it to dry on its own and when it did what i found was coils. My hair is naturaly wavey but never this coiled. Coils were at some parts other parts were more wavey than normal. feel this is a good sign that my hair will dread a little bit easier. What do you guys think?Peace from Turkey
updated by @kubilay-kapucu: 01/13/15 09:54:31PM
Sweet,
@sweet
11 years ago
133 posts

As a hairdresser by trade i can tell you that its the WATER in this little city, the water must have a ph level that makes the water soft. I really hope it would be the soap for your sake but you will find out for sure as you move on. If you find it was the water all you have to do is add a bit of baking soda to the water you use usally and that will soften the water. But if its the soap just make a mental note of where you got it and see if it can be sent to you, hope this helps.

the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

It is amazing how the hair structure changes when not pulling it down with a comb or brush. As for your soap, I hope it works for your dreading process. The best way to tell if you soap will leave a residue is to put it in some water and leave it for a bit,rub the bar even. If there is no soap scum floating around, then it is fine to use.....Good luck, hope it works...peace

Kubilay KAPUCU
@kubilay-kapucu
11 years ago
76 posts
Thanks for the help! havnt heard many ways to teel apart non residue soap! Does anyone know other ways? ve heard that ehen you wash your cands if the sopa makes your hands soft and leaves a scent it has residue...

the Barrellady said:

It is amazing how the hair structure changes when not pulling it down with a comb or brush. As for your soap, I hope it works for your dreading process. The best way to tell if you soap will leave a residue is to put it in some water and leave it for a bit,rub the bar even. If there is no soap scum floating around, then it is fine to use.....Good luck, hope it works...peace

the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

yes, you can check that way too. If you rub the wet bar in your hands and your hands feel slimy, then it has left behind a residue....peace

Kubilay KAPUCU said:

Thanks for the help! havnt heard many ways to teel apart non residue soap! Does anyone know other ways? ve heard that ehen you wash your cands if the sopa makes your hands soft and leaves a scent it has residue...

the Barrellady said:

the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

Boy, your getting off to a great start by checking everything out. Good for you, you'll have healthy dreads!

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

yup but dont run your finfgers thru while washing

thats the same as combing

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Kubilay KAPUCU
@kubilay-kapucu
11 years ago
76 posts
Thanks alot! Yeah I try to learn as much as I can because if im gonna do something i wanna do it right :) especialy when I know I will earn alot about myself and my life in the end

the Barrellady said:

Boy, your getting off to a great start by checking everything out. Good for you, you'll have healthy dreads!

Kubilay KAPUCU
@kubilay-kapucu
11 years ago
76 posts
Thanks for the tip SE! The thing is I havent started to dread because my hair is short at the moment. Some members here sugested biotin and I did some research on it and decided to use it. t will take me a few month till I start but untill then I wanna learn as much as I can so I dont waste time and damage my hair if I do something wrong!

soaring eagle said:

yup but dont run your finfgers thru while washing

thats the same as combing

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form