Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Perfect dread IMO

Mikael Serres
@mikael-serres
11 years ago
10 posts

Hey guys, those are the perfect dread in my opinion and i though maybe some of you could help me on what technique you think he used for maintenance. (Mine are starting to congo and they've congo so much that i can't undo now) wich pisses me off a bit because I only have 28 dreads. anyway, Thanks!

updated by @mikael-serres: 01/13/15 09:54:29PM
Ixchel
@ixchel
11 years ago
597 posts

even if you do what he does for maintenance yours will never turn out "like" anyones but your own. your hair will be different, grow differently, you probably wash slightly different, sleep different. & any maintenance besides washing & separating will be damaging your dreads & won't be worth it in the long run.

try to separate when wet & separate as much as you need to to prevent the congos. the ones that you are trying to reverse maybe try a little aloe or extra acv on to condition & loosen them a little to try & pull apart. try to wiggle a finger in between & wedge them apart bit by bit. or at the last straw try & cut a few connecting hairs at a time & pull them apart (only cut as much as you absolutely would have to, try to pull more than cut).

Mikael Serres
@mikael-serres
11 years ago
10 posts

Thanks ! that is a long , well informed answer, I appreciate it :)

Ixchel said:

even if you do what he does for maintenance yours will never turn out "like" anyones but your own. your hair will be different, grow differently, you probably wash slightly different, sleep different. & any maintenance besides washing & separating will be damaging your dreads & won't be worth it in the long run.

try to separate when wet & separate as much as you need to to prevent the congos. the ones that you are trying to reverse maybe try a little aloe or extra acv on to condition & loosen them a little to try & pull apart. try to wiggle a finger in between & wedge them apart bit by bit. or at the last straw try & cut a few connecting hairs at a time & pull them apart (only cut as much as you absolutely would have to, try to pull more than cut).

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

thosee clearly look natural unmaintained ((except seperating)

seperate when wet lil olive oil on the connected hairs might help break em loose

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Ixchel
@ixchel
11 years ago
597 posts

really SE? i thought near the roots it looked like something was going on, but i don't know for sure
maybe i'm just looking at how they are pulled back?

soaring eagle said:

thosee clearly look natural unmaintained ((except seperating)

seperate when wet lil olive oil on the connected hairs might help break em loose

taye
@taye
11 years ago
833 posts

the roots are definitely interlocked. Major root flipping going on. He is gonna have issues in the future.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form