Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Part In Hair

taye
@taye
11 years ago
833 posts

Post a picture here. We will gladly take a look. You are probably just worrying over nothing :)

updated by @taye: 07/19/15 12:15:41PM
Kyle Adams
@kyle-adams
11 years ago
32 posts

Haha I surely will when I get the chance. The only reason why I wanted to get rid of this part is because of this scalp spot haha..

taye
@taye
11 years ago
833 posts

Ok the first 2 photos looked a little like male pattern baldness could be a possibility.....but I think it was just the lighting. I do not see any thin area at all in the second two. The area that possibly could be thinning would not be caused by your dreads nor the weight of them. Is there baldness on your mother's side of the family? Like your mother's father or her brothers? Like I said ...I think that in the first 2 photos the lighting made the hair on your crown look thinner because I see no issue at all on the 3rd and 4th ones.

taye
@taye
11 years ago
833 posts

It is very common for people to have hair on the crown that grows in a swirl pattern. It is called a cowlick. Because the hair does not grow straight down..it kinda lifts off the scalp and can make the hair appear thinner. I have a small cowlick. I think that you might have one too. :D

Kyle Adams
@kyle-adams
11 years ago
32 posts

Oh I definitely have a cowlick there but I didn't know it would do that. It's never been like that before I don't think but then again, my hair wasn't all connected (dreaded) so maybe I just didn't notice it. Also like I said before, my friend had this same issue but her's went away after her dreads became more mature. And you're right, the lighting is awful. I used my computer's camera for the first set and my itouch for the second that's why they look so different.

taye
@taye
11 years ago
833 posts

I honestly do not think that you have anything to worry about :)

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form