Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Katietheladi's Timeline!

katietheladi
@katietheladi
11 years ago
34 posts

This is my timeline. I started around the end of november 2012. I did about 9 TnR in the front. once i had to hold up my arms to get the back i stopped..its to painful and annoying! I'm still trying to figure out how to do this so bear with me please. the first pic is about one month. i have a side cut but i figure its the perfect time to grow it out since im going to have some shrinkage and that section can catch up.

heres another of around 1 month

and now its just about 2 months. i have the liquid dreadlock shampoo. love it! my hairs pretty smooth but theres still some dreadies forming!

updated by @katietheladi: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

You are well on your way. Glad you know to expect shrinkage, I was not as informed as you, so it took me by surprise. In regards to dread sizes, any section at the scalp that is over the size of a quarter will be large, thus taking longer to dry and being heavier for the root system. The size of the scalp section is the size of the mature dread. I too did twist ^ rip and my arms were very sore, took me 3 days to do over time. Oh yes, have you tried the baking soda wash? 1/2 cup baking soda to 5 cups water, this is a no rubbing way to wash the hair. Good for the beginning stages.

Enjoy the journey

the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

Forgot to say, keep up your timeline, it really helps others to see what to expect.

katietheladi
@katietheladi
11 years ago
34 posts

i did try the bs wash. couldnt be bothered mixing it up every time and all i can find in the store is tiny boxes of bs i think 200ml. cant find anything bigger. i have been in the ocean a few times too which has really helped. thanks for the comments :)

the Barrellady said:

You are well on your way. Glad you know to expect shrinkage, I was not as informed as you, so it took me by surprise. In regards to dread sizes, any section at the scalp that is over the size of a quarter will be large, thus taking longer to dry and being heavier for the root system. The size of the scalp section is the size of the mature dread. I too did twist ^ rip and my arms were very sore, took me 3 days to do over time. Oh yes, have you tried the baking soda wash? 1/2 cup baking soda to 5 cups water, this is a no rubbing way to wash the hair. Good for the beginning stages.

Enjoy the journey

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form