Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

And it begins... A timeline. Neglect Method. Fine Hair.

Allie
@allie
12 years ago
6 posts

Because every journey starts with a single step...

Figured I would document and share my experience (as best as I possibly can) with the community. After a long time deciding if dreads were right, it begins.

Likely there will be some highs and lows in this journey, I will do my best to share and document it all.

And without further to do:

So before I begin, I will share the one, this guy was given to me, back combing was involved. It has now been with me just short of a month.

Day 5

Okay so perhaps 5 days into the process is a little soon to start sharing? Hope not. Anyhow my biggest hair complaint growing up has been how fine and bland my hair has always seemed. It is naturally oily, and often appears limp.

Though it is not far into the process the within the 5 days I have used baking soda to wash the once. I have read in the past about the method to clean hair and always been curious, I must say I wish I had tried it sooner (when I was not dreading) Honestly I was pleased with the state it left my hair in. With some upcoming travels this method is going to make my life a lot easier!

That said, 5 days into it. My hair has more waves to it than it would if I were to brush it. (A plus) But I find at the back it has this cow lick thing going on (For sure not to happy on this one)

Other considerations. I am trying to break habit of putting my hair back into an elastic. Since starting I have left it down as much as possible, but have had it up for a few of my work shifts which last about 10 hours.

More later, and I will see that the photos are improved quality and not taken via the built in camera on this computer.

---

1 Month Mark

Just washed, Still damp for a few of the photos. Still using baking soda. Now using the ACV rinse every other wash. As always input and suggestions welcomed with <3

Front

Right

Left

Back

updated by @allie: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

awesome keep us posted on progress

you will love the changes your hair goes through

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Allie
@allie
12 years ago
6 posts

Hope its not to soon. 3 weeks in:

Nothing too major, still in love with the baking soda wash, have only troubled myself to do the cider rinse once since starting though thinking another one will be happening soon.

Hectic.

So far enjoying the process. Currently washing about every 3-4 days. I find there is less oil build up from when I brushed my hair and used Dr. Bronners (which Still adore for a soap!)

I haven't fussed with it much, there were some spots where it was just getting to much of a mass knotting and had to be divided up some.

I find with how hectic things are at the back of my head when going out to deal with public (if I cannot pull up a hood and keep it up) I will tie it back. With this I have been taking care to avoid finger coming and will not pull hair to move hair elastic up. (I so need a hat)

I was asked last weekend by a girl I had just met who had no prior knowledge of me or my undertaking of the neglect dreads "Did you used to have dreads?" Got a bit of a smile out of that. A long journey yet but those first steps have been made.

As usual if there are suggestions and tips <3 I receive it with much gratitude to you.

updated by @allie: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

wow awe3some progress foir just 3 weeks but i would recomend acv eveytime (unless yoir oily) wait uiu said u were nevermind if the oiliness goes away start usijg acv

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form