Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

KnotLadys Timeline :) UPDATE.

KnotLady
@knotlady
12 years ago
300 posts

Hello. i have been dreading since the middle of june so ive been dreading for about 3 months now. i have yet to start a timeline so here i go. this is from when i was doing my dreads.

my first one!

my beautiful new twist and rip dreadies. but little did i know they would mostly fall out! and im so glad they did. i still have a few though. makes me feel good. like i did a good job on those and my hair didnt feel the need to correct my work.

about 1 month later

and 2-3months

some looopies!

some shrinkage

thats my dreads so far! its changing every day. i am thinking about doing a timeline type progression on some of my loops because i am personally curious as to how they develope and change and dissapear. i figure other people might be curious too.

6-7 months

7-8 months aprox.

i am gonna take pictyures of those loopy dreads above to compare and see how theyve changed. i had som pics from 4-5 months but that phone got stolen ... i was working on that loop timeline. its so cool to see how it all transforms though pics.

ITS BEEN A WHILE!!! my dreads are about 17 months...or something. i kinda lost track. and my camera has been mia until now. also have pics of my husbands dreads. really cool to watch a natural dread journey. my 2 year old daughter has them as well. i will post pics of hers as soon as i can get her to sit still for a picture lol.

updated by @knotlady: 02/14/15 04:42:14AM
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

They look amazing.

I'd love to see a timeline of just the loops. I don't think anyone's done that yet. Good call

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

definately looking great :)

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
KnotLady
@knotlady
12 years ago
300 posts

thanks guys!i gotta get some more loopy pics for the loop timeline. i already have loops that seem to be pulling into dreads. i have a lot of thicker dreads with matted balls of hair on the end (which i think are from swimming and not really paying attention to my hair. and sleeping). they look pretty funky but those are the ones that are completely dreaded to the scalp already. naturally! its really cool. i also was braiding some metal wire the other day and noticed that the ends start braiding themselves(its the same with long hemp strings) while im braiding the top. i thought this was a great illustration on how dreading might work. which is why movement is essential to the process. haha my mom likes my hair when its up. shell see me and shes all smiles, then i take it down and she gets a bewildered look on her face like "whats going on up there?". i always had ass lenght hair until the past few years. everyone always said "you have such beautiful hair! dont cut it" and stuff like that and for some reason i have always kind of resented it. i know i had pretty hair but i felt it would be pretty if i did something else to it too. thats why it took me a while to get the guts to dread. it was liberating to finally be the person i admired and not just admire people with dreads. dreads look regal. people seem to have forgottten it took us a while to invent a brush. i get some funny looks from people. its actually hilarious. i can see them scolding me in their head. its mostly white ladies 40s+ who give me their scolding looks. some chick in waffle house looked at me like i had some alien on my head or something. but as an anxious person, going out in public and not caring has really helped my self esteem and mood in general. just not caring about things that dont really matter and starting to care about things that really do has definitely improved my life. my husband looves my hair. its defintely more cuddly. all those little strands touching me before i dreaded were starting to really bug me. sorry im rambling :).

KnotLady
@knotlady
11 years ago
300 posts

i llove seeing the changes. i feel so much more like myself with dreads...

KnotLady
@knotlady
11 years ago
300 posts

also, keep an eye out for myloop timeline. i spotted afew i can recognize up there!

KnotLady said:

i llove seeing the changes. i feel so much more like myself with dreads...

KnotLady
@knotlady
11 years ago
300 posts

oh wow! thank you! i wasnt a fan ofthe 3 month old stage,but they didnt stay like that for long.i love yours too! they are lookin gnarly ;)

Robyn said:

I have always loooooved your dreads! They look so great!
KnotLady
@knotlady
11 years ago
300 posts

well. it can be conditioning or drying. when i used it after not washing, on oily hair, it was drying. when i used it on clean hair, it was conditioning but not in a bad way. it literally makes your hair stronger and shinier. i didnt see any progress undone. it is nice and cooling on the scalp and gets rid of dandruff and can kill lice. pretty cool. and the color molecule binds to the keratin in the hair, so its permanent. i have noticed a little slight fading but nothinglike box dye. im not done though. the color gets layered on and im trying for a cherry red if i can get there. i like it that my hair still looks dark brown but when light hits it it changes. looks funky in flourescents lol

April Brown
@april-brown
11 years ago
49 posts

Sweet! They really shrunk and changed a lot! I can hardly wait till mine reach that point, looks like yours are getting pretty solid up top!

KnotLady
@knotlady
11 years ago
300 posts

thanks! they havechanged... i really like the stage im at right now. its so much better thannot having dreads lol. i hatedputting my hair up all the time and it being really boring. but now its all decorated and i wear it down all the time and it feels so much more comfortable. i really dont think i will want straight hair again...
April Brown said:

Sweet! They really shrunk and changed a lot! I can hardly wait till mine reach that point, looks like yours are getting pretty solid up top!

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form