Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Ixchel- Journey to Natural Locks 2 years 9 months!

Valérie
@valrie
12 years ago
539 posts

To be perfectly honest, over this past month I've used the dreadlock shampoo to try it out. I started to see backwards progress (hair that had started to loop in month 2 is now straight and loose!) so I went back to Bronner's and have been seeing my progress pick back up. The DLS was just making my hair waaaaay too soft and silky (albeit smelled fantastic!) Could the liquid possibly be better for mature dreads or coarse textured hair in baby dreads?

updated by @valrie: 07/22/15 06:32:16AM
☮MamaKittyLove
@mamakittylove
12 years ago
198 posts

:( That sucks Val. The past 2 times I've used it it has made my hair feel coarse. My hair is usually allllways soft and conditioned and now it feels totally different, even within the two times of using it. I'll be mad depressed if I wasted money on stuff that doesn't help my journey :(

Kyle
@kyle
12 years ago
14 posts

sweet! they seem to be seperating nicely and doing their own thing..right on! You will be so happy in the end when you look back in a year or years:] patience is a virtue, stay glad!

Ixchel
@ixchel
12 years ago
597 posts

yeah it makes my hair lose it's silky look/feel but it gets really soft, weird. maybe it just depends on whos head. i do love the smell tho <3

MamaKittyLove said:

:( That sucks Val. The past 2 times I've used it it has made my hair feel coarse. My hair is usually allllways soft and conditioned and now it feels totally different, even within the two times of using it. I'll be mad depressed if I wasted money on stuff that doesn't help my journey :(

Ixchel
@ixchel
12 years ago
597 posts

thanks! I'm already happy, I don't have to worry about my hair ever ;) but i do think it will be awesome to see them grow & change through the years, i look forward to all of it <3

Kyle said:

sweet! they seem to be seperating nicely and doing their own thing..right on! You will be so happy in the end when you look back in a year or years:] patience is a virtue, stay glad!

Heather
@heather
12 years ago
1,291 posts

my suggestion is to stick with bs washes instead of shampoo until your hair really starts to knot up. i think shampoo held my knotting back in the beginning. it was about 5 months when i finally started seeing knots.

☮MamaKittyLove
@mamakittylove
12 years ago
198 posts

I have hard water.... What can I do? Boil the water first?

Heather said:

my suggestion is to stick with bs washes instead of shampoo until your hair really starts to knot up. i think shampoo held my knotting back in the beginning. it was about 5 months when i finally started seeing knots.

Heather
@heather
12 years ago
1,291 posts

unfortunately you'll have to boil it for it to work right or you can get a water filter for your shower.

MamaKittyLove said:

I have hard water.... What can I do? Boil the water first?

Heather said:

Ixchel
@ixchel
12 years ago
597 posts

my last couple washes have been bs so i can do that for now, i'll just have to burn some blue box to get that yummy smell :)

Heather said:

Heather
@heather
12 years ago
1,291 posts

blue box?

Ixchel said:

my last couple washes have been bs so i can do that for now, i'll just have to burn some blue box to get that yummy smell :)

Heather said:

/ 15

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form