Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

TnR dreadlocks Jonas timeline (Left to go neglect)

Naked Naturalist
@naked-naturalist
12 years ago
88 posts

lookin good

updated by @naked-naturalist: 07/23/15 08:16:55AM
Valérie
@valrie
12 years ago
539 posts

Oh, that's much better already. :) How do they feel now? Aside from the restriction of movement I find that rubber bands can make hairs stick to them and cause pulling.

Anyhoo, can't wait to see these progress!

Jonas Agerbæk Nielsen
@jonas-agerbaek-nielsen
12 years ago
21 posts

They feel fantastic :D soft and nice.

Anyone know if my hair will dread faster if i wash them every day with:

Dr.Bronners Magic Tea Tree Liquid Soaps?

Valérie
@valrie
12 years ago
539 posts

I use Dr, Bronners (diluted to 1/12 strength) but wouldn't recommend washing daily. I wash at least 3 times/week which works well for keeping my scalp clean and my hair clean enough to dread but every day will train your scalp to produce more oils to make up for that stripping and you will find yourself NEEDING to wash every day just to keep your scalp from getting too oily... which in turn dries out the actually hair.

Take a look at some essential oils (ie, Rosemary, Lavender, etc) to add to your Dr. Bronners to maximize your scalp and hair health while washing.

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

Don't wash every day. You NEED to make sure your locks are completely dry before you wash again. They might feel dry to the touch, but locks, even baby ones are like sponges. They may still be a little damp inside. Best bet is to wash every 2-3 days. That extra day will be what you need to be safe.

And Dr. B's should be good. Some people have hard water and find it ward to rinse out. So do a test on one lock and try to rinse it out under the faucet before doing it to your whole head

Jonas Agerbæk Nielsen
@jonas-agerbaek-nielsen
12 years ago
21 posts

I have soft water here and i will wash 2-3 day :D

Jonas Agerbæk Nielsen
@jonas-agerbaek-nielsen
12 years ago
21 posts

Progress or not? :/

Claire Wilson
@claire-wilson
12 years ago
23 posts

There will be progress, it is just hard to get a good idea what is going on from looking at pics! Remember, at this stage even unravelling is progress, it is a step towards your hair doing its own thing.

Jonas Agerbæk Nielsen
@jonas-agerbaek-nielsen
12 years ago
21 posts

Updated!

CoriElaine
@corielaine
12 years ago
173 posts

Wow your locs look wonderful! I gotta be creepy and just say, you have some beautiful eyes as well!

/ 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form