Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Purkurr´s neglect method

Purkurr
@purkurr
12 years ago
44 posts

Soo, today is my 12th day of neglect and... I just spent at least 15 min in the bathroom putting beads to my hair so that the hair wouldn't evolve into one gigantic mess.

I must admit that I panicked a bit. I don't know why. My hair is just.. such a mess. I'd rather leave it alone and just forget about it but if I do so, the result will be horrible. I have to separate. I felt like this isn't going anywhere.

So, this was my hair yesterday, it's pretty much the same today, except for a few new beads.

I'm not totally sure when should I separate.. it feels like the top layers of my hair get together very easily and the hair feels somewhat dry - perhaps that's one reason why they tangle together.

Then again the lower part of my hair isn't doing much.. a lot of straight hair especially on the sides, but in the back the hair likes to form some kind of .. bundle of hair. I don't know how to describe the differences well.. :/

At this point, I really can't turn back nor am I sure I would want to.. my hair is pretty damaged, I think so it's best for it to dread, I think.

updated by @purkurr: 02/14/15 05:51:39AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

wow they are dreading fast

the faster they dread the more u gotto seperate

just keep seperating and they are doing amazu=ing they look great alreaf=dy i bet that you get your 1st nice dreads comment in no time

looking like dreads kindas in under 2 weeks is great progress

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Purkurr
@purkurr
12 years ago
44 posts

Thanks SE for the support! :)

Tara C
@tara-c
12 years ago
644 posts

Some of your hair after two weeks looks like some of mine, and I'm almost at 7 months lol. Don't worry, you'll learn to accept the "my hair is a mess!" thing and then it'll fly by and you'll have mature dreads :)

Purkurr
@purkurr
12 years ago
44 posts

Hello, just a quick update before I'm off to work & school.

So, I'm at about three weeks into neglect. I'm getting the panic feeling.. feel like combing everything out. Somehow I have managed to escape doing that for a couple of days now. Oh, the "agony"...

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

whyyy why are u panicking

relax just letthings go

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Tara C
@tara-c
12 years ago
644 posts

Don't panic, don't look so much at your hair or you'll be fretting about every minor thing, and of course you won't see progress when you're always looking at it. I mean, three weeks is NOT a long time. When I was three weeks in, they looked pretty much the same, but now I'm at 7 months and they've progressed since I was at 6 months. I think (for most people) it's a slow start, and then their hair hits this phase where they go wild and progress quickly, so don't worry, just be patient.

Purkurr
@purkurr
12 years ago
44 posts

Thank you guys... I just had to write that down in the morning. Then I had a super busy day at work and then I was at school and now at home, and things look a bit better again. I should just cool it down and wait..

Purkurr
@purkurr
12 years ago
44 posts

Here's some photos of what's going on now.. 3rd week!

updated by @purkurr: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
Heather
@heather
12 years ago
1,291 posts

throw on a tam and forget you have hair. that always helps me:)

/ 4

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form