Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

natural dreads timeline dreading fast as can be

kye
@kye
13 years ago
14 posts

last december i began this technique. i dont have a recent pic developed yet. though my hair is 85 percent dready. I really recomend baking soda lathered into your hair during a shower , leave this in for a minute or three. then rinse out with apple cider vinegar, it will bubble and make your dread process shoot of the rocker, ya know! rinse this out and reveal dreads : } peace and prosperity.

plus seperation is mega important

updated by @kye: 07/23/15 06:48:57PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts
kye thats a bad idea you do not want that chemical reaction! that creates an acid you dont want never mix the 2

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
iholdthesecretrecipe
@iholdthesecretrecipe
13 years ago
50 posts

I tried baking soda & vinegar as shampoo last summer.... I was very interested in hearing that it really worked with some people's hair and was not wanting to spend money on shampoos and stuff, but I developed dandruff, which I've never ever ever had before in my life. Once the dandruff started, I tried using it in varying ways (obviously not using them together) to see if I could get any better results, with no luck. So I gave in and bought an organic shampoo with aloe, tea /eucalyptus/thyme/nettle/sage/rosemary/lavender/peppermint/etc extracts/oils in it. The shampoo has been essential in helping my scalp, and It's just been within the past couple of months that my scalp has finally fully healed. I'm not interested in trying it again. I use the shampoo, with no conditioner, and it seems my hair is still dreading quite fine =)

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts
if u added the oils teatree rosemeary pepermint it would work better then the shampoo

--
iholdthesecretrecipe
@iholdthesecretrecipe
13 years ago
50 posts
I did. That was part of the "using it in various ways." The shampoo isn't extremely expensive, so I'm not worried about it.
Heather
@heather
13 years ago
1,291 posts
care to share the name of the shampoo? i'm always on the hunt for something good.
iholdthesecretrecipe
@iholdthesecretrecipe
13 years ago
50 posts
Sure! It is Tea Tree Triple Threat Invigorating Shampoo by Giovanni Organic Hair Care. I get it at Whole Foods for $8, and it's lasted me a while.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

seperate when wet

if thats not enough wipe lil olive oil on the connecting hairs b4 u seperate

--
Heather
@heather
13 years ago
1,291 posts
oh! i have that one! i haven't used it in a while though. i'm going to have to dig it out and try it again. i love the cooling feeling it leaves on your scalp:) btw, they carry it at target and it's cheaper. i think i paid $5.99. it's in the cosmetics section.

iholdthesecretrecipe said:
Sure! It is Tea Tree Triple Threat Invigorating Shampoo by Giovanni Organic Hair Care. I get it at Whole Foods for $8, and it's lasted me a while.
iholdthesecretrecipe
@iholdthesecretrecipe
13 years ago
50 posts

SE- Thanks for that! I hadn't come across that tip yet.

Heather- Awesome =)

updated by @iholdthesecretrecipe: 07/16/15 07:45:03PM

/ 9

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form