dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

natural dreads timeline dreading fast as can be

iholdthesecretrecipe
@iholdthesecretrecipe
13 years ago
50 posts

=)

Yeah my hair was always BOARD straight. Ever since I shaved it, some days tend to be a little wavier than others. Having straight hair has definitely not stopped the dreading!

updated by @iholdthesecretrecipe: 07/23/15 08:06:45AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,639 posts
and ppl like u a salon would insist needed wax crochet or dreaded dread perm but look at you in under a week

iholdthesecretrecipe said:

=)

Yeah my hair was always BOARD straight. Ever since I shaved it, some days tend to be a little wavier than others. Having straight hair has definitely not stopped the dreading!

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Heather
@heather
13 years ago
1,291 posts
your adorable! do you have any pics of your shaved head? i've always dreamed of doing that but chickened out every time. if dreads don't work out for me than that might be my next big drastic change:)
iholdthesecretrecipe
@iholdthesecretrecipe
13 years ago
50 posts

@Heather.. Thank you I actually don't have many, and none of them very good, of my shaved head! I'm pretty sad about that. It was DEFINITELY a drastic journey in self-image/confidence/unconditional self-love. My mom cried her eyes out when she found out, didn't want to see me for a while. I lived in a pretty conservative town (I was the only female that I ever saw with a shaved head!), and I'm pretty petite, so these old people would look at me and my boyfriend like "Uh, why is this 25 year old man kissing a little boy?!" I was told so often that I had a really good head and that I pulled the shaven-ness off very well. But still, every day was a lesson in loving myself and being confident even if I didn't like the way I looked that day. I was lucky enough to spend some time at a festival and going camping and being on tour with my band, so I ended up just not looking in a mirror for several weeks and found that was the most necessary step for me. I ended up loving it and learning soooo much! I suggest that if you're down for a journey, go for it! And I'll add some pics if I come across them...

@grittyjane.. Thank you, also. We totally have/had similar looking hair! I thought about doing tnr, but one reason I hadn't gotten dreads before was because I was unsure of the size/thickness that I wanted the dreads to be. (Btw, yours are awesome! They look great!) I was afraid that if I tnr-ed my whole head, I'd be unhappy with the thinness of each dread. I also don't want them to be massive, but even more so not wanting little tiny ones. So I figured, I'd finally let my hair do its thing. Let it decide what size dreads that it wants to create, because whatever they are going to do naturally is going to look the best, anyway. So, regardless, I couldn't wait. I have one lil tnr just to excite me =)

AlwaysByourself
@alwaysbyourself
13 years ago
17 posts

Amazing! you're moving along so quickly! :) Congrats on the Amazing hair and keep updating the pictures!

iholdthesecretrecipe
@iholdthesecretrecipe
13 years ago
50 posts
Thank you! Shall do =)
Catherine2
@catherine2
13 years ago
23 posts
hahaa Heather, that was why I strarted my dreads! I was so over my hair and I really had the urge to shave it all off. I'v always wanted dreads so I thought to myself, its now or never. If I didnt like them then I was going to shave it off. I'm glad I decided to go with dreads, they are just so awesome. Something new every morning when you look in the mirror. A new bump, a new loop, a new congo, lol, my hair is congoing like crazy, I have to seperate them every 2 days and they are only 6 weeks old! What a great journey ;O)
Brandy :]
@brandy
13 years ago
106 posts
hii! im so excited for you, the progress i so great. I like what you said about not looking in the mirror for a while is one of the things it took to always loving yourself and being confident. i too have the same issues, and one day while tripping i was looking in the mirror, for the first time in a while really pleased at what i was looking at, then started thinking why it was so many people thought badly about themselves, we are all so beautiful. then i got the thought it must be the stupid thing im standing in front of.lol i told my boyfriend there should have never been mirrors, and then no one would be looking at themselves, picking themselves apart and everyone feeling this need of "i need to look a certain way". i still look in mirrors, but for a while i wasnt and it too helped me to love myself and be confident in all situations. At the time though i felt as if i just figured out one of the secrets to life with the mirror thing.lol
iholdthesecretrecipe
@iholdthesecretrecipe
13 years ago
50 posts

@Brandy, I love it!!!!

I'm totally loving this daily journey of waking up to something new everyday and just letting my hair do her thang, and she's lovin' me for it. I feel like I've opened up this whole other way of thinking and being for myself, definitely a continuation, a different river off the same ocean as the head shaving journey. I'll have some more update pics today...

iholdthesecretrecipe
@iholdthesecretrecipe
13 years ago
50 posts

2 weeks! Day 14! ..a lot of pics. I, kinda, apologize in advance =/ ..

Right side Left side (all different pieces of hair, I'm not holding any of the same pieces in any of the pics, fyi)

Itty Bitty. As you can see, the left side is going crezy, and the right is just chillen.

updated by @iholdthesecretrecipe: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM

/ 9

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form