Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

My Natural Dreads Timeline-Dreadlocks can form fast with neglect

Kass
@kass
13 years ago
33 posts
Thanks Heather! I think I'm going to take a look at my hair in another week or so, maybe get some hemp, and go through and see if I can wrap a couple/bead a couple that might be too clumpy. I also am nervous about the mold, though so far, drying has not been an issue.
updated by @kass: 07/22/15 11:44:07AM
Kass
@kass
13 years ago
33 posts

Hi everyone... sorry I've been crappy about updating. But... hey, it's a little over 5 months and I've got some great progress to report!

Excuse the stupid looks on my face and the sweatiness, I was about to go to bed and I said "Eh, why not?"

Little bit of a better idea of what's going on back there. Sorry I suck with pics.

SHRINKAGE FOR DAYS! Seriously. My hair is now shoulder-length except for about three pieces which are taking forever to catch up. It looks very stupid. I CAN'T WAIT FOR IT TO GROW at this point. I imagine in in 5 more months though it will look just about the same. Haha.

I dunno I just liked this pic.

This too!!

Soooo YUP! That's my hair right now!! I'll probably get back to you guys in like 3 more months lol!! Hopefully it's looking AWESOME by then!

I'm even starting to get compliments/comments! Very exciting. Can't wait until it looks like actual dreads and not just like a nest of... nest.

updated by @kass: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

they are coming along great :) congrats and i like thoe 2 too for the great big happy smile

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Heather
@heather
13 years ago
1,291 posts

looks great!! your hair is knotting so fast. just imagine what it will look like at a year. amazing:)

Heather
@heather
13 years ago
1,291 posts

are you still using maylees bars? i wish i could but they leave a residue in my hair.

Kass
@kass
13 years ago
33 posts
I was. But then I used them up and I just bought something from the all natural section at Wegmans. It is still bar soap. I like it a lot. I forget what it is... but it comes in mango butter. Lol. Very good smelling. Though I love Maylees and was using it until a week ago.Honestly this is gross but I spent 3 weeks with my boyfriend who hadn't washed his sheets in like a year (they smelled awful) but they knotted my hair in like 2 seconds because I guess my hair just stuck to them!! Gross. I washed it almost everyday when I was there haha. But still. Lots of dreadies.Sooo yeah. I am so excited to see what they will be like in a year. I can't even imagine. I don't even understand how the rest of this will knot up!! Crazy.
Heather
@heather
13 years ago
1,291 posts

ewww.....boys and theirhygiene. lol!

i just tried dr. bronners bar soap today. i'm not so sure what i was expecting but i think it conditioned my hair. some of my new knots disappeared:( it didn't feel conditioned when it was dry but it still doesn't feel completely clean like it had with shampoo. i would really like to find a bar soap that will work for me and my hard water.

Kass
@kass
13 years ago
33 posts

Ah!! It's called Nubian Heritage. I am sure that my water here at college is very hard because I can't imagine them putting money into soft water. My hair feels very clean after I use this soap--getting used to how your hair feels after being washed with bar soap takes a bit, but when it dries, always feels very clean. I love the Shea Butter, that's what I use. :D

Kass
@kass
12 years ago
33 posts

As usual, I haven't updated for like four months, oh well. I'm surprised to look back at the post I made a little while ago and discover how far I've come in these five months. I'm hoping that by a year, my hair will look even more like dreadlocks than it does now!

I never really see them from behind, so these next couple of pictures kind of surprised me!

Here's what I mean when I say it looks like a mess :( From the back, you can definitely tell it is dreads. But all of the loose hair on the sides here clouds the look! I don't know what to do about it, honestly. It's just hair that sticks out of the dread, so I'm thinking of wrapping it or putting a bead on it or I don't know. I hope it clears up soon.

Frizz wouldn't bother me, but this is more than frizz. So much loose random hair ugh!! I don't like the way it looks.

Buuut, my dreads look cooler from behind than I thought. I thought I was gonna cut these paddles off when my hair got long enough, but they actually look kind of bad ass so I might keep them.

Mess mess messy :(:(:(

w/e I'm still cute.

So, I haven't gotten to use the shampoo from dreadlockshampoo.com yet but I'm hoping that washing with that will help my greasy/dry dread/loose hair problem. Here's hoping. If that doesn't work I'm holding out for that gel they have... I plan on slapping it all over my head. That'll show that loose hair!!

Hope everyone likes my hair... I love it, despite my issues with it. Would not go back--just hope that when I graduate I can get a job. I'm planning on just wrapping up every day, worse comes to worse.

updated by @kass: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

it looks awesome its still in thaty stage but its getting nearer mature

update in 2 months and bet u u r more satiusfied

it might not be copmpletely there but really close

and in that time use the gel and shampoo and report th effecvt if its drastic enough

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

/ 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form