Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

My TnR timeline - update at 25 months

Sissemor
@sissemor
10 years ago
54 posts

Thanks! It's been so long - they're 4 years now and I still love them :-) They've grown quite a lot.

Shannon said:

Wow!! They look gorgeous and I c believe how much length you gained in that time. I'd love to see an update!

updated by @sissemor: 07/27/15 08:20:59AM
ZoeyRainsMom
@zoeyrainsmom
10 years ago
122 posts

WOW!! That's insane how fast your hair dreaded! Your hair looks great.It's crazy how your 1 month was equivalent to some peoples 1 year. Beautiful!!

Sissemor
@sissemor
10 years ago
54 posts

The one I posted yesterday was taken just before I posted :-) Yes, they dreaded so fast but that's not necessarily good! I'm not sure if it's in this thread but I had a lot of serious lumps that became moldy from washing late in the day and not drying and were just generally not comfortable at night, so I cut those - still good length for 4 years IMO :-)

Shannon2
@shannon2
10 years ago
14 posts

Thanks so much for updating.

They look so beautiful.I bet you are happy with how long they got in a relatively short time .They appear to be as long as your hair was when you started out.

The fact you had your issues with shrinkage and then the mold problem but have now in a short time become so beautiful really helps me with themisgivings I have of the messy inbetween stage.My hair is almost to my bum and is dreading really fast (though not as fast as yours!) and having had long hair for so long im a bit nervous about losing length.But when I do start to worry,its good to remember stories such as yours.

daizychild
@daizychild
10 years ago
6 posts

The fact that you didn't give up when you faced problems with mold and shrinkage and you kept going is so inspiring, seriously. Obviously facing all of those issues and sticking with it has paid off. Your dreadlocks are gorgeous, congrats.

Sissemor
@sissemor
10 years ago
54 posts

Thanks, both <3 This was the third time I tried (first two were backcombed, didn't work) and I was just so dead set on having real dreads I would do whatever it took :-) I'm soooo glad I did - I love them every day <3 Hair is just really different from one person to the next - mine locked so quickly, and my fried, who started hers at the same time, still has those teenager issues with loops in some of hers, and they just in general act very different from mine. It's good to remember the individual journey part - but for me it was also good to do something about the problems that freaked me out (the mold issue in the lumps) :-)

/ 5
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form