Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

My TnR timeline - update at 25 months

Sissemor
@sissemor
14 years ago
54 posts

So, apparently my dreads have NO respect for the whole journey concept. I mean, I thought this was going to be a slow development thing, but clearly I am not the one in control here ;-) Funny thing is, 5 years ago I started dreads with backcombing and palmrolling (no wax), and in 11 months not ONE of them locked up the way they have done now. Interesting, huh?

It's been 6 weeks now. My hair was about mid back when I started, and now I think the ones that have shrunk the least have lost about 4 inches in length, whereas the shortest have lost 13 inches, give or take.

So here are some pictures:

Day 1

Day 4

Day 13

Day 19

1 month

Shorty at 1 month :-)

6 weeks

The one that has shrunk the most, I think :-)

Happy dreaded me :-)

updated by @sissemor: 02/14/15 01:28:02PM
kris
@kris
14 years ago
39 posts
They're looking good! That about how my dreads looked around 6 weeks. The ones around the nape of my neck shrunk quick too. I think they're around 4 inches long now.
JESSICA EVA (Eva Lovelocks)
@jessica-eva-eva-lovelocks
14 years ago
217 posts
wow 6 weeks is awesome! looking great. i like your one month from behind picture. they look way older than that!
Sissemor
@sissemor
14 years ago
54 posts
Thanks :-) Although I can't take any credit, of course ;-)Kristy, the one I call Shorty (had to name it, it did the weirdest looping-up-and-down thing the first weeks and now feels very mature) is about 3 inches now :-)
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
post this in jonny threwad he wanted examples of t&r dreadstheyre lookin great..

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Sissemor
@sissemor
14 years ago
54 posts
Thanks, SE :-) Could you point me in the direction of his thread? In this subforum, or...?
kris
@kris
14 years ago
39 posts
http://www.dreadlockssite.com/xn/detail/3754945%3ATopic%3A190647 Heres the thread SE was talking about

Sissemor said:
Thanks, SE :-) Could you point me in the direction of his thread? In this subforum, or...?
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
14 years ago
849 posts
WOW! *Amazing* Progress and ~*Beautiful*~ Dreads!!!
Sissemor
@sissemor
14 years ago
54 posts
Thank you :-)Only thing is, I'm afraid to use beads - I fear they will get stuck because they lock up so fast LOL so had to learn peyote stitch to make some sleeves (oh horror - "having to" learn new and exciting crafts ;-)) They work well if I want to attempt to (temporarily) tame some loopyness.And for a while I was a little scared of how fat they seem to get in the middle part. If they all do this, my head will be a sputnik...

NaturalWomyn said:
WOW! *Amazing* Progress and ~*Beautiful*~ Dreads!!!
Vates
@vates
14 years ago
66 posts
Your dreads are progressing wonderfully its crazy how much they shrink makin me feel like its going to be years before mine get to my sholders lol
 / 5

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form