Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

my natural neglect dreads turn 20 years old today

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
today is a special day for me but i'm not where i want to be so its bitter sweet. i had hoped to be celebrating this day back where it all began. so i'll share a story, some inspiration and a vission with you my friends.20 years ago today i was embraced in spirit, washed in love tangled up in kindness and joy. and this is where my dreads were born.i tracce it back to today only because i believe it was on this day strolling through the trade circle at the vermont national rainbow gathering, that i came across 6 of the most unique beads id ever seen, and had them jammed onto my then undreaded hair.the following day started in profound sillence, thousands strolling towards the meadow quiet as can be. when i arrived there there were many already deep in meditation and many others experiencing deep emotional releases the energy was very high nearly overwhelming.well i want to share these vids with you to show you the kind of place i was in (these are last year, i have never found any from vermont 20 years ago) so you see i was surrounded by nature in a very spiritual place had no comb i was aware of within 100 miles or a mirror even. rain to wash with love was my method meditatio9n my maintenanceand time i was on rainbow time no watches anywhere time is vage there 1/2 past noon dark:30 well those really are the only 2 times of the day you need, and interdepencence day our day of sillence the only date you need, so weeks could go by unmeasures i think i was just there 2 weeks but by the time i left i already had a dozen dreads and had added a few hair wrraps as well that were to soon be dreads.yoday watching these vidsw i just dont feel im celebtaying this day properly sitting at a computer in a house instead of out under the starts surrounded by blissyomorow aa small number of us who couldnt make it home will be out in the park in sillence for the 4th i'll be taking update pictures thenbut i want you to know where my dreads are today isnt as important as where they began back thentomorow i'll have pictures maybe more stories too but i just wanted to share this with yousome folks from the site who did make it home ro the gathering are right now as i write this gathered in main meadow getting to meeti really wish i was there with you allmitakuye oyasinnamastei added a video instead of pics i might take pics soonbut thought the vid was cool too

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 02/06/18 12:58:41AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
thnx ill try to add alot of pics tomorow

--
pixie
@pixie
14 years ago
144 posts
Very inspiring SE. I have several friends who couldn't make it to the gathering. I would love to go some year. Just wasn't right to this time.Hopefully we can both make it next year! :)
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
we will cause your comming to get me pixie said:
Very inspiring SE. I have several friends who couldn't make it to the gathering. I would love to go some year. Just wasn't right to this time.

Hopefully we can both make it next year! :)

--
Island Mamma
@island-mamma
14 years ago
530 posts
Love and light your way SE, happy knotty dread day to you :)
pixie
@pixie
14 years ago
144 posts
sounds good to me! :) soaringeagle said:
we will cause your comming to get me

pixie said:
Very inspiring SE. I have several friends who couldn't make it to the gathering. I would love to go some year. Just wasn't right to this time.

❂•Paula•❂
@opaulao
14 years ago
751 posts
Can you pick me up too then?? :DCongratulations! Those videos are wonderful. The connection you have with your dreads is something that I really hope to have someday :) soaringeagle said:

pixie said:

pixie
@pixie
14 years ago
144 posts
Paula, pretty sure you're first stop! :) Paula said:
Can you pick me up too then?? :D

Congratulations! Those videos are wonderful. The connection you have with your dreads is something that I really hope to have someday :)

soaringeagle said:

pixie said:

GreyGargoyle
@greygargoyle
14 years ago
569 posts
I couldn't get there this year either but I plan on going next year.Your dreads are almost as old as I am and that is a huge deal.Sending respect and love your way SE, you're a good friend.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
yea i just found those vids accidentaly today and really loved em and got me thinking i would have totaky forgot it was the dreads birthday if i hadnt found those and was inspired by them

--

updated by @soaring-eagle: 07/23/15 02:53:35AM
 / 5

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form