Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

One Month :]

Sam James
@sam-james
15 years ago
10 posts
finally! one whole month of my baby dreads!i had some problems along the way, but i tried that interlocking method that miss kitty showed me & boy am i relived :]their starting to lock up, but they don't look like dreads in pictures lolxD
updated by @sam-james: 02/14/15 04:42:47AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
interlocking?im gonna move this to dread journalspost pics even if they dont look like dreads to u

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Alden
@alden
15 years ago
303 posts
They look like dreads in your avatar, and blond dreads are shmexy, so the more pics the better!! And what's this interlocking method, I'm intrigued and would like to read the thread that was discussed it.
Erin Joy Lauzon
@erin-joy-lauzon
15 years ago
15 posts
what i understand interlocking to be is using a small loop to pull the entire dread throught the loose section of hair at the scalp, then repeating at different angle but always moving the angle in the same direction... is that what you meant? i've been doing that a bit... but i think i'll just rub them instead.... interlocking makes mine look kinda skinny and weak at the rootsnow about these dread journals... where do i find? sounds interesting
Kath
@kath
15 years ago
73 posts
i was always told that the method you just described was a severe no-no. Meant to create weak spots in your dreads further on down the track. Just what I have been told anyways... Erin Joy Lauzon said:
what i understand interlocking to be is using a small loop to pull the entire dread throught the loose section of hair at the scalp, then repeating at different angle but always moving the angle in the same direction... is that what you meant? i've been doing that a bit... but i think i'll just rub them instead.... interlocking makes mine look kinda skinny and weak at the roots
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
oh thats known as root flipping alsio and yes that can cause dreads to fall right offespecialy if u use it to try getting them tightits a very bad practicein fact when i was listing all the bad practices i didnt even mention thative done something simular to start loose strands by tying a knot in the tip then looping the knot through a few timesbut im talking 3 to 6 times in 6 inches of hair..not tight only ebnough to hold it together to let it dread..even then i only do it if the hairs are blowin in m,y face and being annoyingif u do it to tighten your causing a real weak pointr that easily can snap off

--
Kath
@kath
15 years ago
73 posts
hey se, perhaps you could send dexter a message about your method - i know he is at his wits' end and about to give up. soaringeagle said:
oh thats known as root flipping alsio and yes that can cause dreads to fall right off
especialy if u use it to try getting them tight

its a very bad practice
in fact when i was listing all the bad practices i didnt even mention that

ive done something simular to start loose strands by tying a knot in the tip then looping the knot through a few times
but im talking 3 to 6 times in 6 inches of hair..not tight only ebnough to hold it together to let it dread..even then i only do it if the hairs are blowin in m,y face and being annoying

if u do it to tighten your causing a real weak pointr that easily can snap off
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
already talked to him some but surefor him tho i think twist n rip and toss in a bead would be best unless hes patient enough to gain a few more inches andf go natural

--
Lost
@lost
15 years ago
22 posts
nice, mind passing the advice on to me, im bout at day 8-9 an only getting hollow curls in the back an friz
Dreadedsunflower
@dreadedsunflower
15 years ago
60 posts
DREADS DON'T HAPPEN OVER NIGHTtakes yearsnuff said
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form