Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Thin, fine, slightly curly hair and my 4 month update

Tater
@tater
5 years ago
54 posts

Hello all! It's been an ENTIRE 4 months since I started my journey! Time is zipping by! I've lost a ridiculous amount of length (check my gallery and videos for progress updates)...I have little bitty dreads now. Some are super tight to the scalp already! Most of them are getting VERY solid. 

First, I want to say: this journey has been amazing. Don't get me wrong, there are ups downs and all-arounds....but my oh my, I've learned so much about myself - good and bad - and I've grown. This journey has really helped me in so many ways....it is 100% worth it. It's beautiful.

Second, I want to discuss my experience with my hair type so far....because this is what I was looking for and couldn't find much info on. I have very fine hair, slightly curly, and not a whole lot of it - medication has caused some hair loss. As of 4 months, my dreads have been knotting VERY fast. I think my fine hair just intertwines easily. However, I have lost a ridiculous amount of length. I'm guessing it's because fine hair would take more hair to fill in the same amount of space. Anywho, I went from slightly below the shoulder to a short granny look 😂😂😂 

Personally, I'm okay with it.  I know it will grown in time. I would've rather had a warning, because I've lost like 85% of my length....but it's all good for real. So. Cheers and let the journey continue. 💙

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
5 years ago
29,640 posts

you look freaking adorable (granny tatters)  <3 u

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Tater
@tater
5 years ago
54 posts
Haha thank you
Peaceful_Passer
@peaceful-passer
5 years ago
233 posts

I lose about half my length, brushed it's to my butt dreaded gets up the my shoulders. I'm still losing length. It'd make sense thinner hair would lose more length I think. From the progression of dread pictures I've seen to me personally that's the best way to grow them out, from short to long, they just form so much neater. 

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
5 years ago
29,640 posts

hers are tryin to dissapear into her head they shrunk so much but look adorable

--
Tater
@tater
5 years ago
54 posts
😂😂😂 they really are though
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
5 years ago
29,640 posts

most people who start natural dreads the dreads start in their hearts and souls

yours is doing the opposite receding into your, well, maybe into your mind?

have you been hearing voices telling you to be naughty?

--
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form