Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

3rd Journey

Gazzunger the Grey
@gazzunger-the-grey
4 months ago
68 posts

@peaceful-passer like the way your locks are going crazy, mine are doing similar and I'm try to make sure they don't get too fat...(greedy little B's keep trying to eat any stray hairs in the vicinity)  

When you say "dander"  do you mean dandruff?

I'm currently using Vickis "Scratch attack"  which helped the itchys but dandruff seems to be forming rapidly at the moment.

Peaceful_Passer
@peaceful-passer
4 months ago
213 posts
Gazzunger the Grey:

@peaceful-passer like the way your locks are going crazy, mine are doing similar and I'm try to make sure they don't get too fat...(greedy little B's keep trying to eat any stray hairs in the vicinity)  

When you say "dander"  do you mean dandruff?

I'm currently using Vickis "Scratch attack"  which helped the itchys but dandruff seems to be forming rapidly at the moment.

Yes, dandruff :)

I use the liquid activated charcoal once a week and the patchouli bar occasionally because I like the smell. It’s supposed to help with dandruff too but I don’t find that to be the case for myself, but it smells really good!
Peaceful_Passer
@peaceful-passer
4 months ago
213 posts
@gazzunger-the-grey

I really enjoy this stage and as they begin to fill in and become more dready! I have a few large dreads, one that’s close to two inches thick at the roots, it will be a monster lol. Some I’m allowing to Congo, there’s a few that are thinner than a pencil but very well dreaded with no desires to Congo. Since the beginning of January I’ve found three new baby dreads at the nape of my neck! I enjoy the process and watching them (shrink)grow
Gazzunger the Grey
@gazzunger-the-grey
4 months ago
68 posts

@peaceful-passer..  thanks for info... I'll stick with "scratch attack for now"  and try some thing else for Dan of druff.  Mine are a mix of sizes too, one  big congo was my first born (Derek) and he's a bad influence on stray hairs and babydreads trying to consume them.. I have considered thinning or trimming him but hes got character and deserves a chance so he stays for now.  

I find it frustrating that washing seems to wash out nicely forming dreads sometimes, I need to see my daughter soon for help separating and getting some photos to post..

Peaceful_Passer
@peaceful-passer
4 months ago
213 posts
lolthat’s too funny, I hadn’t thought to name them lol!

With the activated charcoal shampoo it’s speeding up my dreading process, after every wash I find less and less loose hairs and tighter locs
Gazzunger the Grey
@gazzunger-the-grey
4 months ago
68 posts

@peaceful-passer  thanks, May give the charcoal a go next time I order from Vicki (import restrictions, taxes and customs  etc permitting).

I work outdoors and end up pretty windswept at times, sometimes it feels like it blows some dreads in while blowing others out....

I have some of Vicki's s Lock magic Gel  I should try using i guess, just a bit reluctant to put any extra Gunk on my hair...  

Peaceful_Passer
@peaceful-passer
4 months ago
213 posts
The urge overcame me and I decided to have some loose hairs and bangs again. I cut the front 5 off... my kids promptly dreaded their Dolls and a stuffed emu 🤣

Thought I’d share the inside of my yearling dreads!
Peaceful_Passer
@peaceful-passer
3 months ago
213 posts

March marks the full year! 

My daughter crocheted a hair band for me to fit my hair!

updated by @peaceful-passer: 02/29/20 12:57:04PM
Peaceful_Passer
@peaceful-passer
2 weeks ago
213 posts

Dready update! And life.... hope all is well!

updated by @peaceful-passer: 05/16/20 10:46:54AM
Peaceful_Passer
@peaceful-passer
3 hours ago
213 posts
Today I’ve decided to brush out this one dread. It’s been bothering me for a while, it’s SOO thick at the nape of my neck. I think I let them join a long time ago or I entirely missed it, either way it’s very thick and at the roots it’s naturally separated.

It’s crazy how much hair is in a dread! Look at the length from just the first inch maybe of the dread. It wasn’t but a smidge longer than that lock next to it before I started.

For those who are curious, I’m using a fork lol and it’s been a few hours of messing and unknotting, trying not to break any hairs I don’t have to.

/ 5
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form