dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

54 month update !

Daniel2
@daniel2
5 years ago
62 posts

Gazzunger the Grey:

@daniel2   Haven't watched all your video yet, it looks painfull to have had a great set of dreads and for them to wilt and fall must be a bummer, I see why you seem 

down now.  Hang in there though, you still have some good length to regenerate and I'm sure SE will have some good advice..    Im only a year in and have about

12 - 20 dread of various size and shape starting to form..  Stay positive and look at maybe try looking up "Vermin Supreme" presidential candidate to give you hope.

I am glad I atleast have some length. It's as if I'm at my 1 year mark lol. Its not the end of the world to me, its just that I'd (literally) dream of them being long. Then finding out I'm back at this point it..ah ! 

Live and learn. 

updated by @daniel2: 03/07/19 07:42:16PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
5 years ago
29,639 posts

i agree that most likely with the care your doing now the rest should remain healthy...but definately be alert for any potential issues

shame to seethe trim, but might have put a stop to the issues

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Daniel2
@daniel2
5 years ago
62 posts

Gazzunger the Grey:

@daniel2   Haven't watched all your video yet, it looks painfull to have had a great set of dreads and for them to wilt and fall must be a bummer, I see why you seem 

down now.  Hang in there though, you still have some good length to regenerate and I'm sure SE will have some good advice..    Im only a year in and have about

12 - 20 dread of various size and shape starting to form..  Stay positive and look at maybe try looking up "Vermin Supreme" presidential candidate to give you hope.

It is a bit lengthy video. I never record myself at all, much less talking about my hair lol Nothing wrong with that, I just never do. 

I do have dreads that are 6-8 inches from the roots to the tips that are healthy (the ones that didn't end up breaking off). Mine also range sizes, its really neat to see the randomness of it all. 

Daniel2
@daniel2
5 years ago
62 posts

☮ soaring eagle ॐ:

i agree that most likely with the care your doing now the rest should remain healthy...but definately be alert for any potential issues

shame to seethe trim, but might have put a stop to the issues

Mine aren't long enough to tie back with dreads yet, but even if they were I won't be doing that at all anymore. Panterra noticed how they all weakened around my neckline, also the area where I'd tie them back. So I'm still doing the same routine that I have been for years, just won't be tying them back. 

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
5 years ago
29,639 posts

good

hey is anyone not getting some email notices from the site/?

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
PoopiePants
@poopiepants
5 years ago
81 posts

☮ soaring eagle ॐ:

good

hey is anyone not getting some email notices from the site/?

@soaring-eagle I got my last email notice from the site on Dec 18th 2018 :(

@daniel2 I felt your pain cutting off that dread! I did notice that it looked like there was a lot of gunk in it though, and you'll be better off without it. I have a friend that went the crochet route(I know You FREEFORM) but he just uses whatever shampoo available in stores here, and does baking soda/acv. He's had a few break off, and they looked Exactly like yours seemed to look on the inside. The residues left behind by regular shampoos are ridiculous, and I have a feeling they eat the hair over time(can't say for sure, but...). I have a good feeling that your future locks will live a long healthy life as long as you don't go back to regular shampoo. Good luck on your journey!!!

updated by @poopiepants: 03/18/19 12:45:42PM
Daniel2
@daniel2
5 years ago
62 posts

@poopiepants Yep that section of dread that I cut was just nasty. Some said to leave it cause it was 'unique'. I WOULD'VE let it alone, but seeing how it was filled with stuff I wanted to get rid of it. And I'm so glad I did ! I embrace the whole randomness of my dreads. Which was one reason that I took this long to cut that one specifically. I thought it was cool having them all short and one really long one. But now I prefer them to be semi level. Thought they're not all equal in length.

In that video at the very tip of the dread that's still attached to my scalp you can see some gunk in it (I mention it too) It's gone now. After the first wash it went away. 

That was the mistake I did. For the first 1 1/2 I used whatever shampoo and for 6 months after that I did bs/acv. It just took this long to catch up to me. I use the shampoo bars from the website so I don't have to worry about whats being put on my scalp/hair, I'm just not gonna put them up anymore. Which REALLY sucks cause I liked the look of having them in a bun or using 2 dreads and tying them up. 

PoopiePants
@poopiepants
5 years ago
81 posts
@daniel2 Live & learn, eh? ;) You are still unique. I look forward to your next 54 month update.

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form