dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Nims dreads

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
2 weeks ago
28,901 posts

rainbow08wyoming101113.jpg

no dread kit needed just went campig for 2 weeks in the woods came home with dreadlocks

if you use a dread kit you will be always using brute force to force them to dread..while damaging them badly.

they charge 40 dollars for a instructional kit thats all lies

we charge nothing (i actually pay out of pocket to kep the site running) to bring you the truth. the truth is...a breeze will dread your hair faster then a kit

you hae always fought its natural dreading process, using shampoos to keep it from dreading combing  to take out would be dreads, if yu only switch to a good dread shampoo like dreadlockshampoo.com ..and that is the only thing you do besides throw yur comb in the trash.. your hair will dread riight up.. you will be far less likely to cut dreads that you grew naturally instead of pid for. they will mean so much more to you.

10 years ago dreadheadhq and knottyboy were the 2 most recommended sites, which is why most dreads lasted a whopping 4 months.

then the dread kit victims spoke out here

https://www.dreadlockssite.com/dread-king/page/12/dreadheadhq-and-knotty-boy-bad-dread-products-real-reviews

fast forard to today and you are the 1st person in 8 years to ev mention a kit

just lke i have only heard dread perms mentioned once in a decade

these kits were a short lived scam

locticians are still a growing problem  thats worse the the kits ever were

locticians today cause 95%  to have balding issues

if you don't just let it dread naturally  the only other pretty much harm free way is tnr aka twist and rip aka twist and pull n(theres no actual ripping involved it should be done gently and not very tight at all the tight 1's dread slowest)

those are the only 2 options we can ethically recommend

--
27 years growing dreadlocks the natural way
My dreads are over 10 feet long

also on the board of, and a student glider pilot with freedoms wings international - soaring for people with disabilities
Nim
@nim
2 weeks ago
11 posts
I've never once used a kit. I maintain dreads af a side job as well so I know all the ins and outs. I'm just very undecided of 8f I'd like to keep them or not. But clearly I want them.
Nim
@nim
2 weeks ago
11 posts
Nim:
I've never once used a kit. I maintain dreads as a side job as well so I know all the ins and outs. I'm just very undecided of if I'd like to keep them or not. But clearly I want them.
Nim
@nim
2 weeks ago
11 posts
Nim:

Here I go with my 4th set!!! Weekly photos are going to be posted

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
2 weeks ago
28,901 posts

how do you maintain dreads as a side job? you think you know the ins and outs but  those who think of dreading as a industry do not know a thing about dreads and tech all the wrong stuff

maintenance is some of the worse stuff you can do to dreds. stuff like crochet, interlocking, root rubbing etc

most who get their dreads maintained suffer from traction alopecia, a result of having the roots tightened.

the fact is, the only maintenance dreads need is washing and separating, something everyone can and should do themselves. even if they only have 1  semi functional hand  the only maintenance dreads require  is easily done yourself for free.

the fact is, most of the info you have been exposed to is dishonest and profit driven.

378f5361c08b137f139100c926de3f06.jpg this is a prime example

this is "maintained dreads"

these have been "maintained' at a cost of probably close to $10,000 over the course of several years

these have clear signs of traction alopecia

this is the result of the maintenance being done

those who charge for maintenance and those who train them teach them that thisis proper

the result being that 40% of afrcan americans fget traction alopecia

95% that get their dreads professionaly maitained

i know you have seen this on every loctician site

advertised as 'fresh tidy and neat'

but were you told its a medical condition?

were you informed that it is caused intentionally?

were they honest about the fact that it is harmful?

or how about tat its unnecessary?

10568832_10203501097502556_2673496861692679429_n.jpg these maybe shocking but:

this was caused by the very maintenance

that is still being done in the photo!

you see.. the people who are doing the maintenance

suffer from 'professional arrogance'

believing that because they are overpaid for doing a job

that is totally unnesacary

they automatically know more

then others who have dreaded decades longer

but don't charge $

the person who did this to this woman

his site had dozens more almost as bad

and he himself was going bald

when i offered to help him regrow his hair

his response was

"i have a license you don't'

professional arrogance

belief in the fact that they are part of a harmful and entirely unnecessary industry

that makes them "know more"

then those who look at this

and see a clear problem

being caused by the maintenance

they believe they have to pay for.

the truth is theres very littele to know about dreads

wash often

separate as needed

leave them alone otherwise

thats the entirety of the ins and outs

or used to be

before dreading  became an industry

nowadays however it takes real expertise

not to get dreads, that can literally happen unintentionally in your sleep

now we need to know how to recover from maintenance.

we need to know all about the harm it causes

and what, if anthing can be done  to recover

now you have seen my dreads (9 years ago, add 9 more years of growth ..so now 10 feet long)

you see they are clearly healthy, at 51 with very long dreads i have zero thining

washing and separating is the only maintaining ever done

never palm rolled

never tightened

nothing done to the roots

nothing

thats the ins

the only other way is outs

literally all manipulation causes damage, its all cumulative

it all adds up

crochet is the most ppular mainenance now. it breaks thousands of hairs every time it is doneretwisting is another

thats what caused the balding you see here

i don't mean this to sound negative in any way, but you have had 4 ins and outs  already..

we don't want this time to be just anotherout

so please please please

do not do any of the maintenance you are doing

just wassh

wait

separate

and thats it

then and only then will you have a chance for these dreads to last

and that is the whole truth about dreading

--

also on the board of, and a student glider pilot with freedoms wings international - soaring for people with disabilities
Nim
@nim
2 weeks ago
11 posts
I personally think people should do their dreads however they would like and not be judged for it. I don't tighten roots or anything. All I've ever done it pull loops in or fix broken dreads for people who have had them fall off. I've done it to my past dreads and my hair was still great and undamaged once they were removed. It's a tad stressful for you to comment such things on every post. When people post timelines, it's unlikely they came here to post and feel judged when they havent asked an opinion. My social anxiety gets really bad when I see comments that long or giving opinions I don't need.
Nim
@nim
2 weeks ago
11 posts
It just makes people feel a tad unwelcome when they are told not to do what they want with their hair, you know? Best of wishes to you though!
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
2 weeks ago
28,901 posts

why were they breaking off though?

the people going bald wanted that done because the people charging them to do it advertise balding as desirable and the only way to be accepted.

just do what you want  and we'd have a world full of murderers rapists  and drug addicts

sometimes you got to do whats good for the health of the person..or their hair

whats good for he health of society a a whole.

i wasn't implying that you unethical as most who do this. but pu,ling in loops?n loops are essential to them dreading, they need to loop to dread, and the loops pull themselves in

so you see what you have been doing is counter productive.. the way you pull in loops contributes to them breaking

im not trying to make you uncomfortable just hep you make better choices in the future

so you say "i believe people should do what they want'  should that woman with the extreme balding have paid about 40-50 thousand dollars to get to that point? or shouldn't someone like me have stepped up and told her to stop  and tried to save her dreads, and her scalp and her money?

i will always be honest. and that is why this site is so well respected and so effective.. in fact that is the reason you know not to use wax.. because i told everyone who joined here about how bad it was

many argued like you about "i should be able to do what i want its my hair" now they all thank me for standing up for what was right

please don't feel uncomfortable or unwelcome. just know we care more for your hairs health then any other site

--

lopenator
@lopenator
2 weeks ago
49 posts

^^Facts.

SE is the man.

Nim
@nim
2 weeks ago
11 posts
Why not care for peoples feeling too? And the broome off because they people who come to me have oddly shaped dreads that naturally fell off or were broken off due to an incident. Again though. I wont read long comments and they stress me out and give me anxiety. Myself and others included can do what we please with OUR hair for everyone's hair differs. Ty. I'm done responding now.

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
Contact Form