Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

I think I'm calling it quits

6 years ago
64 posts

Ten months and still nothing. I really wish I had the time to start over. 

@femalepheromones yours are coming along really nice, I wish my came along as yours. how many do you have?

FemalePheromones
@femalepheromones
6 years ago
414 posts
I've never counted and I won't because that number will be stuck with me forever and I'd rather it remain a mystery.

--
I'm on Twitter @FemalePheromone
and Instagram @FemalePheromones
Panther
@panther
6 years ago
44 posts

FemalePheromones: I've never counted and I won't because that number will be stuck with me forever 

It may not be! I started with 44 and now I`ve got 52, with more forming.

FemalePheromones
@femalepheromones
6 years ago
414 posts
I think if I knew how many I'd be constantly counting them to check if there were any more. It's just easier to not know.

--
6 years ago
64 posts

I really wanted to be at 40 plus. My twin brother has 37 and his sections are too big and too tight, too much space between dreads and look very scalpy

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
29,640 posts

did he crochet or force sections/

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
6 years ago
64 posts

@soaring-eagle both, crocheted mostly though. His dreads are not even a half the size of his sections. 

@femalepheromones it's not that I want a lot for bragging rights or whatever, it's just that I wanted dreads for the purpose of making it look like i have more hair on my head, so I figured more dreads would give that illusion

@panther do you have any techniques for how you wash/scrub/rinse your hair?

FemalePheromones
@femalepheromones
6 years ago
414 posts
Well most of my head is shaved so any hair is noticeable 😂

--
Panther
@panther
6 years ago
44 posts

Well, first I just stand under the shower and let them get really soggy, which takes 5-10 minutes. Then I put a little shampoo in my left hand, mix it with a little water, dabble the fingers of my right hand in it and massage it into my scalp. I flip my hair to the left and massage right scalp and vice versa, then flip it forwards and massage back of neck scalp area. I then rinse it through with the same "flipping", squeezing the shampoo through to the tips, rinse it for at least five minutes and squeeze the water out of it with my hands. I wrap a towel around and and press more water out gently, then just let it dry on its own. I don`t scrub at all and really just use the tendency of water to run downwards + scalp massage. I get the impression that it`s the water that makes them dread more than anything else; I don`t know about anyone else`s dreads, but mine really seem to love water! Loose strands I just leave alone now, they dread themselves and seem to start at the place where the majority are currently dreading. At the beginning it was more in the middle, now it can be more towards the ends or the roots. Hope this helps!

updated by @panther: 11/03/18 11:00:50AM
Panther
@panther
6 years ago
44 posts

PS, the "newcomers" are all loose strands which escaped from the original TNR or ones I overlooked at the beginning. I just let them do their own thing and most of them were very like yours to start with; now the dreading is beginning to creep up the shaft of the strand. I`ve attached some photos for you, and also a link to a lady whose dreads looked very like yours to start with and are now awesome. I really wouldn`t give up if I were you, though I understand your frustration. I think they look great - they have so much character and are utterly unique to you! Everyone`s (natural) dreads are different.

https://www.dreadlockssite.com/naturelover/gallery/all-natural/all

/ 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form