6 months ago
82 posts
:)
TashTash
@tashtash
5 months ago
69 posts
Happy 3 month mark for my hair!

I saw my family over the weekend, my Mam was fascinated with my hair 😂 she can’t believe that I’ve just not been brushing it and it’s sectioned itself! For now at least, I’m past the frizzy halo stage and my hair just looks like defined waves, but if you touch it you can feel the tangles. I showed her a few of my more developed bits but I had to stop her from touching it too much 😂

I feel very lucky that she’s always just let me do my own thing, she’s not into the same clothing style as me, has no piercings (well, only one in each ear) and no tattoos, but she’s never been negative towards my choices. Concerned at first maybe, but always supportive and understanding. She knows that I’ve never followed trends and that I’m happy with my choices, and I think it makes her happy to know that I’m happy being me 😊

I still have nothing going on up front really, I’m trying to sleep on it but I always roll over! I’ve started sleeping on a knitted cushion to see if that’ll help but I know it’ll happen eventually.

Hope everyone’s well, I’ve not had another dream where I’ve cut or brushed my hair, but I did have a dream where I had long dreads, and then I think I realised that that wasn’t quite right and it turned out they were those plastic ones I used to plait in for festivals 😂 the good thing I’m taking away from that dream is that even though they were butt length and awesome, once I realised they weren’t my dreads I was upset that I’d put them in and missed my messy head!

But yeah, hi everyone! Hope you’re all loving life 😘
AquaGuy
@aquaguy
5 months ago
62 posts

Wow. They are looking awesome, and after such a short amount of time as well. They re going to turn out amazing. :)

I wish mine were going as well as yours, but it’s a journey. It teaches you how not to care about people’s opinions and just be yourself.

--
Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering.

Choose love over hate.

World peace is possible, give peace a chance.

updated by @aquaguy: 01/21/19 05:08:11PM
Gazzunger the Grey
@gazzunger-the-grey
5 months ago
32 posts

@tashtash  Your sections are happening really quick, apparently the front is onE of the slowest to dread.  I've got some thicker ones at the back and a few on top. Will try and put pics up soon.

Glad your Mum likes them.. kind of reminds me of years ago when punk was getting started i borrowed a studded belt from a friend and was expecting outrage from Mum when i wore it home.... instead she said she liked it and offered to buy me one for Christmas, bless her...

TashTash
@tashtash
5 months ago
69 posts
@aquaguy - Thankyou 😊 How long have you been going for? I saw your photos in your forum post and I can see a couple well developed looking dreads in there. I have good sections but my tangles are loose, like I could easily pull them apart (hence why I had to tell my Mam to stop playing with them 😂) the front of my hair will start to section itself up and I’ll get excited and then in a day or two it looks like I’ve brushed it 🤦🏻‍♀️ It’s still progress though, if it knots and unknots eventually it’ll knot in a way that it won’t be able to come undone! Just don’t get discouraged, your hair will look awesome in time 😊
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
5 months ago
29,273 posts

are you towel drying

--
27 years growing dreadlocks the natural way
My dreads are over 10 feet long

also on the board of, and a student glider pilot with freedoms wings international - soaring for people with disabilities
TashTash
@tashtash
5 months ago
69 posts
@soaringeagle - I’m not, I either let it dry on its own if I’ve washed it early enough, otherwise I blow dry it mostly dry and then let it dry itself from there. I prefer to air dry, but sometimes I don’t get in til late and I don’t want to go to bed with wet hair 😖
AquaGuy
@aquaguy
5 months ago
62 posts

TashTash: @aquaguy - Thankyou 😊 How long have you been going for? I saw your photos in your forum post and I can see a couple well developed looking dreads in there. I have good sections but my tangles are loose, like I could easily pull them apart (hence why I had to tell my Mam to stop playing with them 😂) the front of my hair will start to section itself up and I’ll get excited and then in a day or two it looks like I’ve brushed it 🤦🏻‍♀️ It’s still progress though, if it knots and unknots eventually it’ll knot in a way that it won’t be able to come undone! Just don’t get discouraged, your hair will look awesome in time 😊

That will happen for a while yet, once it stops untangling and re-knotting you’ll quickly notice locs forming, and fringes quite often tend to be the last to dreadlock, and haha my Nan sometimes does that with my hair too.

I stopped brushing bothering to comb it about 7-8 months, not sure exactly. I thought they would progress a lot quicker when I started but I was so scared of unknotting any tiny knots I was shying away from washing my hair too often which just made it greasy and less likely to dreadlock haha, but I learned that it will be constantly unknotting and knotting for ages so since I stopped caring about that it really started to progress.

I actually have TnR’ed a couple because I wanted to experiment but kind of wished I’d have left it alone.

--
Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering.

Choose love over hate.

World peace is possible, give peace a chance.
dirtyhippie
@dirtyhippie
5 months ago
1 posts

Love all the progress, keep it up! They look amazing love

TashTash
@tashtash
5 months ago
69 posts
@aquaguy - I was tempted my twist and rip while I was doing my initial research but then I wanted my hair to transition instead of just change, but I can understand the appeal. I love giving my hair a good wash, I love pushing the water through my hair and feeling the tangles 😊

@dirtyhippie - thank you, I’m still taking a photo a day so that I can timelapse the progress, I will definitely keep updating 😊

/ 13

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
Contact Form