Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Natural dreadlocks, from day 0

PoopiePants
@poopiepants
6 years ago
81 posts

@tashtash Dreams are so weird! I've had a few crazy ones myself regarding my hair over the years. No doubt you were relieved when you woke up after that one! ;P

updated by @poopiepants: 12/06/18 02:31:16PM
TashTash
@tashtash
6 years ago
76 posts
@poopiepants - SO relieved! First thing I thought in my dream when I saw it was ‘why didn’t I say something?!’

I’ve been listening to a lot of creepy encounters/horror/paranormal stories off YouTube before bed (I find them relaxing 🤷🏻‍♀️) and I figured it’d be those that I’d be having bad dreams about, not the calm easy process that has been my hair 😂
TashTash
@tashtash
6 years ago
76 posts
Feeling a bit bummed out today, the front of my hair looks like it’s un-sectioning 😩 still haven’t invested in the recommended dreadlock shampoo but I will next pay day, hoping that will help. Feeling a bit frustrated with the progress too, but the back of my head and the side that I sleep on is feeling pretty good, the sections are feeling really defined and they’re getting a little rough in places where it’s tangling up.

I’m sticking with it, just can’t wait to have a beautiful head of dreads 😊 I’ve been collecting pretty things, charms off a broken bracelet, some beautiful embroidery thread, some tiny bells out of a cat toy that my dog destroyed 😂 going to make some decorations for when they’re a little more mature.

I’m taking another step towards full dready commitment this weekend, purging my dressing table of all the hair care and styling products I won’t be using anymore, but I hate waste and I’m seeing my family over Christmas so I’ll see if anyone wants any of it 😊

Maybe I can get myself a pretty trinket box for my decorations and stuff, I’ll check the charity shops.

While I’m here and rambling, would adding a few drops of essential oil to my salt spray have any adverse affects on my hair? I’d like it to act as a fragrances boost inbetween washes 😊 are there any I should stay away from? Any that would be beneficial?

Thanks for reading, feel better now I’ve put it into words 😊
TashTash
@tashtash
6 years ago
76 posts
So I had a go at making some dreadlock decorations with my stash of broken things 😊 just can’t wait til I can wear them without them slipping out!
PoopiePants
@poopiepants
6 years ago
81 posts

@tashtash Don't be discouraged! I'm not sure what you use for shampoo, but Dawn Dishsoap works amazing and so does Palmolive Ultra(says residue free on it), and both brands have some really great scents. I can't compare them to the dreadlockshampoo offered here(I want the patchouli BAD but never tried), but I've had good results with Dishsoap. Dawn commercials show them washing oil off of ducks ;P 

Nice work on the hair-things! :)

updated by @poopiepants: 12/29/18 09:44:14PM
Bazooka Guru
@bazooka-guru
6 years ago
204 posts
Oh my goodness the decorations are so cute! Dreadlocks are quite the lesson in patience. Don't give up! ❤
TashTash
@tashtash
6 years ago
76 posts
Aww thanks guys 😘 I’m nowhere near giving up, the day after that post where I was a bit bummed out, I found a well formed little baby dread just behind my left ear, it’s round and feels all knotty and I didn’t even know it was there!

@poopiepants - I’m using a liquid Dollylocks shampoo and I made a salt water spray too, I don’t think we have dawn in the uk, and I’ve heard it’s not great in hard water areas which is practically the whole of the uk! 😂

@bazooka-guru - thank you lovely 😊 I want to make so many more! I have designs in mind with gemstones and thinner wire, I had a go at making a Peyote sleeve but my tiny beads aren’t uniform in shape so they don’t sit together well, but I’ll find a way to use them in something!

I had another dream where I brushed my hair out 😱 I hate those dreams! It was like I’d forgotten that I’d stopped brushing it and only remembered when I was finished 🤷🏻‍♀️
TashTash
@tashtash
5 years ago
76 posts
Had to wear my hair up at work today, it makes for a rather funky pony tail 😂
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
5 years ago
29,640 posts

its cute :)

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1