Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Natural dreadlocks, from day 0

PoopiePants
@poopiepants
6 years ago
81 posts
@tashtash looks like you're doing exactly what you need to. NOTHING :) Your hair will do what it needs to, as long as you remain residue free. As for the size, be warned that thicker dreads are harder to wash & retain water longer. I have a couple fat-ish ones that can stay wet long if im not careful. By long I mean a couple days.
TashTash
@tashtash
6 years ago
76 posts
@poopiepants - Gaah! Wet hair for days 😖 I definitely don’t want that! I’m loving doing nothing to my hair, I thought it’d be harder than it is, though I suppose I’m not that far into it yet! I’ve had three dreams so far where I’ve either shaved my head or brushed it all out and I’ve woke up feeling panicked! 😱
Panther
@panther
6 years ago
44 posts

I think the fact you`re dreaming about it means that it`s a really important step in your life which will bring changes with it.

It looks to me as if it`s sectioning itself pretty evenly, though I`m absolutely not an expert; none of those sections looks really huge, but if one does seem to be getting too thick, you can always brush just that one out and split it into two, I`ve done that a few times .

If you keep the tips loose, (that is don`t blunt them or comb them a little if they start blunting,) they will dry quicker.

Something it might be an idea to prepare yourself for psychologically is shrinkage; they may become a lot shorter as they start to tighten (I think this depends a bit on how fast your hair grows normally).

I only wash mine very early in the morning on days where I don`t have to go out, so they have 4/5 hours to dry completely.

Good luck!

FemalePheromones
@femalepheromones
6 years ago
414 posts
I have heard multiple people with dreads say they regularly dream about not having them anymore and it creeps them out.

I used to dream that I cut my hair really short sometimes. And actually also that I lose my beard.

--
I'm on Twitter @FemalePheromone
and Instagram @FemalePheromones
TashTash
@tashtash
6 years ago
76 posts

@panther - it is sectioning itself quite well, I like that they’re all wiggly too 😂 I have heard about the shrinkage, but I have had my hair in a pixie cut before so it has been shorter than it is right now, hopefully it won’t be such a shock! @femalepheromones - The dreams are so weird, but I’m a sleepwalker, so I panic that I’ve actually done it! 😱 It’s awful, I wake up and have to check I still have hair!

updated by @tashtash: 11/20/18 02:20:32PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
29,640 posts

u dont take ambien i hope i know ppl who take that then rearrange the furniture let strangers in the frot door  everything but driving while asleep..so far at least

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
TashTash
@tashtash
6 years ago
76 posts

@soaring-eagle - No medication, I’ve always done it according to my family! I’ve opened windows, unlocked doors, hidden my alarm clock (obviously didn’t want to wake up!) gotten dressed in different clothes, and I’ve eaten stuff, but i think it’s usually just wandering around. I go through phases of it, as far as I’m aware I haven’t done it in a few years but it comes and goes!

updated by @tashtash: 11/20/18 02:21:09PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
29,640 posts

my dad did alot too we'd find him walking almost a mile away but asleep

scary part was we used to trael in an old convered bread truck, you know the kind with the side doors that slide open we had a flimsy chain across it  and thats it to keep people from falling out

my dad woud stand in the door and fall asleep standing up an inch from stepping out onto the higway rushing by

--
TashTash
@tashtash
6 years ago
76 posts
@soaring-eagle - Damn that’s scary! 😱 My Dad did it too, never anything extreme like that, weirdest thing he did was loudly reeling off equations and stuff, must’ve been trying to figure something out 😂
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
29,640 posts

in the hospial he had "icu psychosis'  sang 'ive been working n the railroad'  at the top of his lungs for hours

--

/ 15

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form