Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Natural dreadlocks, from day 0

TashTash
@tashtash
5 years ago
76 posts
@femalepheromones - also proof that it’s not a phase! It doesn’t help that 90% of my footwear is chunky black boots 😂 and trying to find a certain black top in a drawer full of black tops!
FemalePheromones
@femalepheromones
5 years ago
414 posts

Definitely not a phase. I've been wearing the same sort of clothes since I was about 13. Now I'm 29. It's just who I am.

I hang all my T-shirts in my wardrobe so a bit easier to find that if they were in a drawer but it can still be a pain in the arse going through them all.

--
I'm on Twitter @FemalePheromone
and Instagram @FemalePheromones
TashTash
@tashtash
5 years ago
76 posts
Hi everyone! Haven’t posted on this thread for a while but I’ve been a bit ill 🤒 I’ve updated my photo album with about 20days worth of pictures and I have a bit of progress 😊 I have one single section that is actually visibly knotty and feels amazing! It’s at my crown and though I have knitting going on elsewhere, it’s the only one that looks somewhat like a dread to me 😂 unfortunately I’ve had to wear my hair up a lot recently and I know it’s slowing progress so I’m going to try and crochet a headband or something, or maybe another hat because I can’t seem to find the first one I made 🤷🏻‍♀️ Hope everyone is good 😊
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
5 years ago
29,640 posts

just wear it down with pride

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
TashTash
@tashtash
5 years ago
76 posts
Hi @soaring-eagle, I would I honestly have no problem with the messiness of it, it’s the work I’ve been doing the last few weeks, lots of drilling and I don’t want to be getting metal swarf stuck in my hair 😩 or getting it stuck in the drill! And I’ve been on a few sites where I have to have it up and under a hard hat, so I let it down as soon as I get in my car 😂
lopenator
@lopenator
5 years ago
75 posts

TashTash: Hi @soaring-eagle, I would I honestly have no problem with the messiness of it, it’s the work I’ve been doing the last few weeks, lots of drilling and I don’t want to be getting metal swarf stuck in my hair 😩 or getting it stuck in the drill! And I’ve been on a few sites where I have to have it up and under a hard hat, so I let it down as soon as I get in my car 😂

I'm a sheetmetal worker. I know exactly what you're going through.

TashTash
@tashtash
5 years ago
76 posts
@lopenator - I managed to get a larger spiral piece of swarf lodged in my nostril before, gets everywhere 😂
lopenator
@lopenator
5 years ago
75 posts
TashTash:
@lopenator - I managed to get a larger spiral piece of swarf lodged in my nostril before, gets everywhere 😂
And burning hot pieces landing on your body from the drill
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
5 years ago
29,640 posts

used to work with a dremmel alot cutting and polishing stones so i can relate ..and  well i understand when they are a safetyy hazard  compared to just wanting to keep em clean

these photos are from a competition day, in competitions we have to wer a parrachute..because i know if u ever had to use 1 my dreads would be stremmng 10 feet over my head  and would instantly tangle in the chute cords and snap my neck

sio i actualy have the dreads  straped down against my body under the chute straps (and the glders 5 point restraint straps too)

(always are to keep em out of the controls)

you do whatu gotta do to get by

DSCN1097.JPGDSCN1088.JPG

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
TashTash
@tashtash
5 years ago
76 posts
Hi all 👋🏻 Hope everyone is good, I have loads of daily photos to upload at some point (think I’ll dig out my laptop to do it on though!) I’m now at around 7 1/2 months, and things are getting a lot more knotty! I have one congo (not huge thankfully!) because I neglected to separate for a while, but I actually really like it! My sections like to spiral around each other and these two just fused in the middle, but like I said, the root section is not huge so I’m not too worried about it. I have quite a few bumps and loops popping up, loads of loose hair still, and very little change at the front of my head, but I know that’s the last to lock up anyway. It’s grown approximately 6 inches and has filled out a lot which I think is the trapped natural shed hair making everything more mane-like! I tried a few loose cross-cross hair wraps on the dreads that like to suck all surrounding hair in because I was worried they were going to become massive sections, and I liked the wraps, it kept everything somewhat separated when things got mad busy for me. I’m still having to wear my hair up a lot for work, for safety unfortunately so there’s no real getting around that, but I’m letting it all loose as soon as possible to give it as much ‘down-time’ as I can.

As for other updates, Billy the orphaned kitten (now around 9 months old) had a run in with either another cat, a bird, or possibly a twig, but whatever it was damaged his eye quite badly and it had to be removed 😢 so he’s now affectionately known as ‘One-eyed Will’ not that I think he even notices that he only has one eye now, it hasn’t really changed him at all!

I’m still practicing a mostly vegetarian diet (still eating fish and seafood around twice a week) and I’m working on cutting it out completely. I’m also looking at cutting down on rubbish (any tips are welcome and fully encouraged!) I’m trying and mostly failing to grow my own fruits and vegetables, I have limited space and no green thumb! So far the only promising plant I have is six pea sprouts, but that’s six more than I’ve ever had before, so it’s a win? 🤷🏻‍♀️ And I’m trying to make ‘Rubbish Walks’ an at least monthly thing in my local woods (picking up litter while walking, and disposing of it properly, recycling what I can) it’s actually quite fun! And I was on a short girls holiday recently, near the Welsh coast, where we found a stall that did ‘Rubbish Beach Walks’ and work to keep the oceans rubbish free, they made things out of the rubbish they collected and I brought a lovely bowl made out of discarded rope! My next green project (when I have the funds) is a composting dog waste bin, because our current solution to our GSD Luther’s ‘leavings’ is unfortunately the general waste bin (we’ve tried flushing it and it clogs the toilet, yes they are that big 🤮) and no, he will absolutely not ‘go’ during a walk, nowhere but our small garden! We took him camping with us for a week and he was distraught, he held it for two days and would then only do it right outside the tent! 🤦🏻‍♀️

Anyway, I’m rambling a bit now, oh! I’m also weight training again when I have the time, me and a friend are entering a competition in September I think, so that’s exciting! Ok, I’m done now, hope you’re all awesome, tell me what’s going on with you 😊

/ 15

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form