Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

4 months old today

Panther
@panther
6 years ago
44 posts

Well, it`s been a lively fourth month with messy hair beyond my wildest expectations, a real up and down month. Sometimes I felt so gorgeous I was afraid to go on the street in case I got accosted, and at other times I just wanted to dig a hole and bury myself. At least no-one says any more, you have such lovely hair, why don`t you do something with it. People do sometimes ask me if I`ll have to shave my head when I "don`t like my hair any more"; I get the impression they`d prefer it if I DID shave my head, then they`d find it less embarrassing.

I feel my hair is settling down a bit. There are no new loops, and the old ones are flattening out a lot. The right side is catching up with the left side and I have loads of new growth. The loose hairs seem to be coating the dread of their choice and - joy of joys - some of the soft loose hair at the back of my neck is forming freeform dreads (I´d have chosen the freeform method if I´d been younger, so I`m very happy to have just a few. They are totally different to the twist and rip ones). The rest of the loose hair is forming ringlets which look very pretty among the fuzz, frizz, whorls, whirls, loops, bumps, zigzags and other weird stuff covering my scalp (when I can find them).

Well, that`s the score. Month 5 starts tomorrow. I can`t wait!

updated by @panther: 09/25/18 03:07:45AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
29,640 posts

I think you look gorgeous ..and you do too  the accosters maybe why you feel you want to hide in a hole

but dreads tend to be a filter that attract beautiful people and repel negative people ..a sheild

not 100% there are freaks of every sort with fetishes of every sort 

and some people are equal opportunity offenders

knew a guy..friends at 15.. not no more  went on dead tour too long blew his braincells on megadosing and worshipig a band like gods.. and lost all verbal filters

if you tink trumps bad..

well lets put it this way at a wedding he walked right upto the alter asked the groom if he minded if his bride sleep with him 1st

he would hirt on everyone ..every single 1  75 wearing a vey fake looking wig and  totally toothless/?  sure why not underage with lice crabs scabies and trackmarks galore sure why not

had 1 female frind .. extremely spiritual goddess type.. when she bent over to tend a fire  he dropped a quarter down her plumbers crack..same night asked a breastfeeding momma for a drink.

there are people you can't repel. some are sick (and can't help it) others are sick and don't try and some have a goal of being sicker every day

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Panther
@panther
6 years ago
44 posts

@soaring-eagle That`s awful. I hate it when someone disrespects other people`s boundaries that way, it`s psychic rape. And making a joke of it is even worse, because it invalidates the reality of what is really going on, that someone`s personal space has been/is being violated. I`ve seen "adult" men behave that way around barely pubescent girls and it makes me want to kill them .... they have no idea how much damage it does, and if they did have they probably wouldn`t care. Disgraceful.

Panther
@panther
6 years ago
44 posts

@soaring-eagle Isn`t it amazing how dreadlocks bring out the beauty and character of every face? I catch myself looking at all people on the street (predominantly women with long hair, admittedly) and just imagining how much better they would look with dreadlocks. It`s a bit like looking at everyone`s feet when you`ve just bought a new pair of shoes, but there`s more to it than that. There`s something very magical and mystical about dreads, I don`t know quite what it is (please don`t tell me, I need to discover it for myself).  Ten years ago, when one of my friends started dreads (crocheted and with plastic extensions, ugh) I was mostly repelled and couldn`t understand what the attraction was. Somewhere along the line, something in me changed; two years ago I started researching and by the time I actually climbed onto a stool in front of my bathroom mirror with a comb in my hand on a public bank holiday, I wanted dreads so badly that it had become an actual physical ache. 

I bet it was dreadlocks that Samson had that Delilah had the Philistines cut off, dreadlocks that made him so strong that when they grew again he could push apart the pillars of the temple and destroy it with his bare hands.

I bet it was dreadlocks the Indians had that were recruited into the American Army because of their tracking skills, who lost their skills when the army made them cut their hair.

There`s an awful lot more to dreadlocks than meets the eye.

Panther
@panther
6 years ago
44 posts

Hi  @soaring-eagle  , I´ve figured out why everyone looks more beautiful with dreads!  It`s this.

Dreadlocks bestow two things on the people who wear them. One is power, and the other is vulnerability. Those two things may sound very different, but they aren`t - they are two sides of the same coin. And the route to both is the same - giving up control. Anyone who still feels the need to exercise control cannot access his true power, because the need to exert control is always rooted in a feeling of powerlessness - power and control are diametrically opposed. Secondly, anyone who feels the need to exercise control cannot be vulnerable either, because control is a kind of phoney protection against vulnerability. Give up the need to control, and you have both power and vulnerability, which is humanness at its core. So of course we look more beautiful with dreadlocks - we are going back to who we really are and embracing both our power and our vulnerability as the human condition. Jai Guru.

Bazooka Guru
@bazooka-guru
6 years ago
204 posts
I wish there was a picture with this! I just hit 5 months, but I haven't done my update pics yet. I prefer to do them outdoors and it had rained for days here now.😔
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
29,640 posts

if its outdoors it just might be feature worthy and havent featured any new ones in way too long

--
Panther
@panther
6 years ago
44 posts

There was a picture, but all of my pictures have turned into lion heads now, I don`t know why and don`t have time to re-upload them at the momentSad .

updated by @panther: 09/25/18 02:30:54AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
29,640 posts

we went over our 20 terrabyte bandwidth and we are having an odd caching issue too try clearing cache see if it returns

--
Panther
@panther
6 years ago
44 posts

Cleared the cache, no change. My posts keep disappearing tooSad

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form