Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Female's Timeline

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
29,640 posts

and no offence haha but  been trying to figure out if your name had any special significance and wouldn't have guessed ya had a wife haha

but i guess the name can have multiple connotations 

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
FemalePheromones
@femalepheromones
6 years ago
414 posts
The name doesn't really mean anything. I joined a forum for a music festival in 2008 and needed a random username and it just came into my head and I've kept it ever since.

I used it on the Playstation in 2009 and when playing with people online they used to shorten it to Female.

The amount of people that assume I'm a woman just because my username includes the word female would amaze you.

--
I'm on Twitter @FemalePheromone
and Instagram @FemalePheromones
FemalePheromones
@femalepheromones
6 years ago
414 posts
Speaking of fur, look up the dog breed 'komondor'.

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
29,640 posts

YUP I WANT 1\

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
29,640 posts

And //umm i could tell you weren't female haha ..but didn't wanna assume you didn't want to be haha

--
XxLucidxX
@xxlucidxx
6 years ago
5 posts

alot of people will try to push you away from dreading, just because they dont completely understand how it works themselves. Theres nothing wrong with that, just dont let their discouragement or opinions get to what you yourself values. what are you washing with, how are you washing etc? Is your water hard or soft? All these things can play a role in the dreading process

FemalePheromones
@femalepheromones
6 years ago
414 posts

I was washing every Sunday but my hair has always been really greasy and I used to have to wash it every day so I washed it again yesterday and now intend to keep doing it every Sunday and Wednesday. I'm using Dreads UK shampoo at the moment. As soon as it runs out I'm gonna switch to something else but just can't bring myself to throw away a nearly full bottle. As for the water it is really hard in my area.

--
XxLucidxX
@xxlucidxx
6 years ago
5 posts

FemalePheromones:

I was washing every Sunday but my hair has always been really greasy and I used to have to wash it every day so I washed it again yesterday and now intend to keep doing it every Sunday and Wednesday. I'm using Dreads UK shampoo at the moment. As soon as it runs out I'm gonna switch to something else but just can't bring myself to throw away a nearly full bottle. As for the water it is really hard in my area.

Im actually washing at a somewhat similar rate, I recommend getting a shampoo from Dreadlockshampoo.com because (although im not familiar with that particular company) alot of shampoos that claim they are for dreads and low/no residue actually have many conditioning agents in them that prevent the dreading process, but as for that gunk in your hair (seeing as that you havn't used wax) its possible that its a buildup of the shampoo you're currently using  because another downside to A LOT of shampoos that claim to be for dreadlocks and low/no residue don't wash out completely when using hard water. The shampoos I reccomended on that website have a beer base and are made from distilled water and other natural ingredients that allow it to work in all water types, it really really really is amazing stuff and it smells fantastic too. Its also all natural, not animal tested, no palm oils, etc. The bars on there are for more mature dreads I hear, but alot of their liquid shampoos smell like somthing straight out of a holistic or hippie shop its really great stuff and will help your hair lock in no time. Also, the water in my area is incredibly hard as well and I was having a very similar problem as you where my hair just did not want to lock, despite using a dreadlock shampoo and as soon as I switched to those shampoos I saw the difference after one wash, because what I thought was my hair dreading was really just the product building up which further prevents dreading

updated by @xxlucidxx: 02/15/18 03:15:11AM
FemalePheromones
@femalepheromones
6 years ago
414 posts
The picture of the gunk is from when my hair was crocheted and I was using a different shampoo then.

I'm in the UK so ordering from there will cost a fortune so I've been trying to find a better one that's easily available here.

At the moment I'm waiting for the liquid shampoo to come back into stock from here:

https://superdreadshop.com/collections/dread-shampoo

But have also been keeping an eye out for anything else. Another one I've seen that is easily available through Amazon is Dollylocks but I haven't heard anything about how good/bad it is.

I used a bar originally and it just seemed to disappear so quickly that I decided to go with liquid shampoo so it will last longer.

--
XxLucidxX
@xxlucidxx
6 years ago
5 posts

you might be able to find the ingredients that are in vicki's shampoo (the site I said) individually at an herbal shop near you, then you would be able to make a spritz or even your own shampoo and possibly for even cheaper depending on the cost of said ingredients, just a thought. Other than that, I would use your hair to guide you, but don't sacrifice your dreads due to the price of the shampoo, meaning that, yeah give that product a try but if you notice that its harming the process or you feel excessive weight added to the lock (i.e. residue) then immediately stop using the product because its really not worth the sacrifice for the buildup over a few extra dollars if that makes sense, thats my logic anyways. Id rather sacrifice the extra cash for clean hair than save a few bucks and have residue built up which will inevitably slow down or even halt the dreading process. 

/ 8

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form