I have had my hair dreaded since 23rd July 2017 using the crochet method. (I didn't know any better the only person that was anywhere near me that locks hair only used crochet)
For the first few weeks I was washing every other weekend but clockwise rubbing every weekend.
I went back to get them "tidied" on 1st October 2017 expecting to just get some loose hairs tidied up but actually had the whole locks recrocheted back to my scalp which I didn't want so I decided to not go back.
14th January 2018:
I started to condition my hair every couple of days for a week to soften them up and then for the next 2 weeks began combing them out while conditioning every other day.
After 2 weeks of combing I was completely dread free but had lost quite a lot of thickness in my hair.
28th January 2018:
Each dread had kind of a spine running through the middle of basically mushed up hair which had to be combed out. Each dread at the base (before the loose roots) had a big fat knot which you can see in the pics. It acted kind of like a skirt in that the long hairs ran through the middle of it so I had to work them out from the roots a couple at a time until it just slid off the last few. I didn't notice many breakages so I am assuming that these hairs were already broken and were just wrapped around the hair that was still attached.
On top of that look at what was inside the knot! It was like clay and this was what the entire "spine" was made of.
AVOID CROCHETING AT ALL COSTS!
1 Month (28th February 2018):
2 Months (28th March 2018):
updated by @femalepheromones: 03/28/18 10:52:18AM