dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Iain's timeline since Jan 2009

Iain
@iain
14 years ago
844 posts
March
Hey there realized not many people have a timeline up (cough post yours-cough)
so just wanted to get mine out there,
and hopefully it kinda helps out anyone else with theirs,

this was me in sept of 08 ( I started January of 09)

I had pretty curly hair, than in the picture (hair is wet there so it hangs down but was normally even curlier)

I didn't really know a whole lot about starting them other than what the basic google search gives about dreadlocks an a few friends that didn't know anything I allready did, so this was what I ended up looking like immediately,

my friends basically turned my hair into candle spikes, it was pretty ridiculous, but I didn't know what to think so 5days later I did my first wash,

around that time they didn't look,,,,terrible, so figured eh, and just gave it more time knowing time (despite all the crap i'd done to my hair) was what counted the most,

so I went on with that for about 4months, still using the stuff, where it really started to mess up with any locking that should have been fine w/o its use,

1 Month

I washed alot of the wax, but still used it, my curls were all over the place to, but they were pretty funny, however I thought they were bad, so I cut a few of them very sparingly. god I regret that to >.<

so time went on still using it, I had started reading about wax an it's negative effects, so I was thinking about stopping, it wasn't till i saw this picture of me where I really decided to stop using it altogether, especially since there was so much in my hair to being with

4ish month range

lol at my cousin :P
and this one in particular >.<

right here is when I stopped wax, I looked at this an I was like wth am I doing? looking back im surprised I didn't shave my head, and don't know what compelled to keep going, though I'm glad I did,

a few in particular like the largest on on my right eyebrow there had large bumps in them that began to smooth as time went on, after stopping in late april with the wax an washing more, this was what I looked like in june, around the time I joined here as well,

curls were all around as well as a few loose ones that never locked up to begin with, but now were all forming right,

I still had bumps forming everywhere but alot (like you can see in the thicker ones here went away, with a few new ones popping up but this was a good thing since they did the same thing.

on the right side of the last picture you can see the lowest hanging lock, wasn;t locked up at all, after I finally stopped smearing it in wax I just backcombed it again there (it never took an was just hair, this was how it turned out by December, ( the one im holding)

also I crocheted the tip of my 2nd right one sometime in june also I believe, other than that, that's all I did as far as messing with them,

march 30-

6-26-2010
finally seeing alot of growth lately, (well noticing it anyway)

July 19-2010

7-23-2010

12-22-2010

(nearing two years, I look alot paler from the flash and from it being too cold to go to the beach

4-28-2010 - added 5day pic I retrieved from my ancient computer, shows how the tips used to look

updated by @iain: 02/14/15 08:07:02AM
Callum
@callum
14 years ago
3 posts
They look awesome since you stopped with the wax! I especially love the curls and bumps etc - all adds character
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
omg damn glad u joined usplease dont be offended but te ones rigt b4 stopping wax looked horribletey recovered nicely but still kinda have a feelin ya still got so,e in terethey look sooo much better thoughif you had a chance..like if you found jony clean passed out somewhere wouldnt ya love to smear 5 or 10 jars wort in is dreads and stuff a note in his pocket sayiun'if waxd wases rigt out without buildup, then have fun wasin it all out"\ed be bald asgain in days i bet

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Iain
@iain
14 years ago
844 posts
lmao, no I agree, those ones were god awful, I don;t know how i got thru that phase in life, Some is still in my hair, i posted my experience in the wax group, it was coming out of one of my thicker locks a few weeks ago, so it's still there, just not in such ridiculous quantity, loleven after all the washing I did, I'm sure if I complained the response would be "Over Waxing!" but w/e, im glad I stopped, I can't imagine long term use of the stuff, 4months was bad enough for me.
Vinny
@vinny
14 years ago
82 posts
You should put all of these together into a time line, one image containing all this pictures along with approx dates and maintenance habits. seriously there should be a separate photo section on this site that's purely for time-lines.Time-lines rock because they are like chicken soup for the dread newbs soul, I remember looking desperately for time-lines when I had started my first set.
Scarface
@scarface
14 years ago
64 posts
The earlier pictures makes me glad that I reconsidered making mine with wax. But your dreadies have turned out really nice now! :)I think I'll make one of these timelines myself, looks fun.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
ill rename tis section members journalse and timelinestime lines are progressive and updated often so may have new images added weekly or montlymore practiclkye top do individual images

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Iain
@iain
14 years ago
844 posts
only problem is it's easy to get lazy and not do one, I think we only had a few so far so you should make one to :)
Emily
@emily
14 years ago
203 posts
great timeline! thats a really good idea, they look great :)
Angel
@angel
14 years ago
77 posts
They came out Good!!
 / 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form