Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

My natural timeline

btw990
@btw990
7 years ago
62 posts
I couldn't imagine having my styled dreads still, just knowing what a huge difference it is from going natural. My roots were constantly getting tighter and skinnier after showering and several areas would get sore here and there, particularly one I had right in the center up top cause it had hair going in all directions, so it would tighten and rotate to a different side every day. For a while after I found out about DLS, I thought my dreads would be fine and eventually repair themselves, as in the broken hairs would get sucked in and hidden. I didn't realize the damage was so much worse, like to the point my dreads weren't un-tightening, probably because of the wax, ugh. For months I had actually been contemplating combing out and starting fresh and healthy but I kept kidding myself that I was just happy to have dreads. People would compliment them here and there saying I had nice dreads, but just cause they were dreads didn't mean they were nice. I thought they looked like shit lol. Especially cause of my thinning cowlick. Starting over also made me have to re-dreaducate myself, because there really is a huge difference between natural and styled dreads. Now it's really easy for me to point out when someone has one or the other.
updated by @btw990: 11/04/17 05:37:00PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
7 years ago
29,640 posts

yea i have a 99% success  rate with guessing what's been done to dreads

in the cases of stuff like wax and crochet, even after a bunch of years

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Peaceful_Passer
@peaceful-passer
7 years ago
233 posts

I catch myself looking at others too. It's been months since I'v seen another natural dreadhead in person! :( All I can picture is how much their heads must hurt! 

I was sick last week and made the mistake of getting my dreads wet, felt great in the shower, SUCKED afterwards my hair was sooo heavy, my headache didn't go away for about a day! I picture that as the constant state of a made dread. 

updated by @peaceful-passer: 11/04/17 06:02:05PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
7 years ago
29,640 posts

at the rainbow gathering i didn't see anything but natural...100% (and a few wild congos) 

--
btw990
@btw990
7 years ago
62 posts
@peaceful-passer I can relate. Most of the time that I see a dreadhead they're usually the "neat" looking styled dreads. I was actually in Shoprite a few days ago though and there was a guy with natural dreads down his back. Only two other times I can recall seeing natural dreads were at the aquarium in Camden and Guitar Center in Fredericksburg VA. They were all quite admirable lol.

@soaring-eagle one of the biggest indicators of unnecessary maintenance to me is the few strands of hair that band around the dread, sort of like the band that worms have in the middle. Don't know if that's from crocheting or interlocking but I always notice those.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
7 years ago
29,640 posts

if you mean what i think i think that's interlocking

used to be within walking distance of the Camden aquarium but only been to it twice cause try to avoid nj (less so now that one of our gliders is right by the ridge in nj..and ridge soarings so much fun)

--
btw990
@btw990
7 years ago
62 posts
I've seen those before I think on tv actually, had no idea there were any in such close proximity lol. Yeah I think that was one of the effects of interlocking. It's so bad, I knew there was something weird about it when my loctician had done it to mine a couple years ago.

NJ really is a shitty state, I just couldn't imagine not living here though, if that makes sense. I tried living in Florida and Virginia for a bit but I just couldn't deal. I guess cause I just feel at home here, even though most of my family lives in VA now lol. There's waaay too much traffic there imo.
Peaceful_Passer
@peaceful-passer
7 years ago
233 posts

I have 3/4 I crocheted before I knew better, those were the few I thought were bunching up funny and so I "fixed" them- they're scratchy. I have one ripped and twisted dread as well from the very start and I had that "ah-ha you dumb ass it hurt last time don't do that again!" moment lol! You can definitely tell the difference!

I used to live in Woodbridge... I miss it! I have always wished I had stayed on the east coast! CA sucks. 

updated by @peaceful-passer: 11/04/17 09:37:07PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
7 years ago
29,640 posts

we need volunteers and volunteers often get to fly and many dedicated volunteers were trained to be pilots with us too

we fly pout of erwinna bucks county pa, Blairstown nj, and since trump wont stop golfing in nj now also Wurtsboro ny 

our site http://www.freedomswings.org/

pa is the same for me a vortex i keep getting sucked back to even though i wish i lived in colorodo or Oregon 

--

updated by @soaring-eagle: 11/04/17 09:40:21PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
7 years ago
29,640 posts

Peaceful_Passer:

I have 3/4 I crocheted before I knew better, those were the few I thought were bunching up funny and so I "fixed" them- they're scratchy. I have one ripped and twisted dread as well from the very start and I had that "ah-ha you dumb ass it hurt last time don't do that again!" moment lol! You can definitely tell the difference!

I used to live in Woodbridge... I miss it! I have always wished I had stayed on the east coast! CA sucks. 

depends what part but yea and way overated  though some parts are nice and still cool

--

/ 9

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form