Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

The dreaded journey so far

Peaceful_Passer
@peaceful-passer
7 years ago
233 posts

March was the last time I brushed my hair, this was my 2nd time going with dreads. The year before I twisted and rolled dreads, I found they were very unnatural and uncomfortable, after 3 months I combed them all out, I decided this time to let them form naturally into their own sections without any help forming. 

20170428_114535.jpg

April, here I gently hand rolled each section as it had begun to form on it's own hoping it'd help keep them from clumping together.... No such luck, I quickly gave that up and just let them do their thing and separated each morning and night.

20170507_113657.jpg May

20170607_095001.jpg

June- My favorite time and look so far, but the constant need for separating was hard on my head!

20170726_104413.jpg

July, August and September my hair pretty well stayed in a bum or pulled back, it was a miserable time lol

20171017_113844.jpg October, my current chaos, overall I'm pretty happy with what is. Some are really starting to take form, others I don't care for, I'm deciding whether to stick it out and see what happens or pull out the bothersome ones and crochet them back in. Some have nearly folded in half at the lower end, I'm wondering how that'll turn out, if anyone has some experience with this I'd appreciate some input/advice. 

Every morning I spray my hair with distilled water mixed with tea tree, eucalyptus, lavender, and sweet orange. Then I massage apricot oil with the same essential oils onto my scalp, this has halted any itch and dandruff that began to gather. It smells absolutely lovely! Then I separate each section as the parts close to the roots still lock together in the night. Compared to the effort and time it took at the beginning they're quite easy now! I've lost about 8" in length.

So far I've been washing as usual, 1/3 acv with 2/3 water every 3 weeks and water washing 1-2 times a week, I stopped using shampoos and conditions years ago and this was always enough to keep my hair healthy and clean, but before dreads I brushed with a boar brush daily to remove any debris that got into my hair. I see on here that many of you use soaps.... I'm leary of using anything that'll leave residue or over-dry my hair, any suggestions? Does anyone have experience using PineTar soap? I love that stuff and would use it from time to time on my hair before dreads.... 

Happy Dreading =D

updated by @peaceful-passer: 01/22/20 09:33:16AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
7 years ago
29,640 posts

you'll smell like tar i almost lost the best job i had from using that

www.dreadlockshampoo.com is by far the best (and i can use a whole bar or bottle at once  trying to create residue..and cant)

in fact theres a new charcoal detox one that after using it you can suck the rinse water out of your dreads and drink it and it tastes better, pourer more filtered then out of the tap.. tastes like straight from a mountain spring actually

but now omfg your dreads are gorgeous! don't ya dare change a thing!

some are kinda thick though huh

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Peaceful_Passer
@peaceful-passer
7 years ago
233 posts

I love the smell of the pine tar, but I can imagine it's easily over-powering! Definitely don't want to be putting clients off! I'll check out that site.

Thank you, I like them pretty well! SOOOO much more than I ever did having to brush all that hair! lol. Some at the top are thicker but not too bad I don't think, but I'm glad those are fewer than greater, I wanted to have many thinner dreads rather than few and thicker. I have a ton of hair so it worked out nicely, many sizes, nothing uniform about my mane lol

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
7 years ago
29,640 posts

its a unique and gorgeous mane for sure :)

<3 it

--
Peaceful_Passer
@peaceful-passer
7 years ago
233 posts

Dreads 10.23.17.jpgDreads 10.23.17.2.jpg My hair has changed from brown to very much black

updated by @peaceful-passer: 11/10/17 02:30:41PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
7 years ago
29,640 posts

your friends beautiful too he or she (he i think? but gelded? wait thats a harness and maybe pack not saddle? whats he/she pull?

--
Peaceful_Passer
@peaceful-passer
7 years ago
233 posts

This is a new friend I met at the Civil War reenactment, it was a wonderful time, lots of great people there, lots and lot of horses in the Calvary. It's amazing how tolerant they are of all the cannons, people, gun fire and clanging of swords! 

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
7 years ago
29,640 posts

ah that explains it

--
Peaceful_Passer
@peaceful-passer
6 years ago
233 posts

It's wild how much my hair has changed. 

IMG_20180127_112437.jpg

Recently my tub blocked up, and for the first time ever it wasn't my hair! Lol. It's hard to explain my peace with what is. IMG_20180127_112437.jpg

IMG_20180127_112437.jpg

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
29,640 posts

haha looking great ;)

--
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus