dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Moving Forward With Nature: My Dreadlock Journal

Raven's Light
@ravens-light
7 years ago
346 posts

4 years 3 months,

they are very hard to fit in the photo frame, that is both annoying and making me proud. 

I have been trying to wear them in different ways to fix the parting issue, but what I have just now realized works for my parting issue is making sure the loose hair at the root is going in the proper direction for the parting, but so far that seems to be the thing that has helped the most.

Raven's Light
@ravens-light
7 years ago
346 posts

I spent two days in the ocean, and it did wonders for my roots, more than any sea salt spray had done thus far, here is the results:

Raven's Light
@ravens-light
7 years ago
346 posts

So within the last few weeks, I added sea salt to my drbronner's shampoo mixture and it has really helped my parting start to seal up more and more, hopefully, it will do the trick. Attached is a photo of the parting that is down the center of my head. 

Raven's Light
@ravens-light
7 years ago
346 posts

So the some of the ends of my dreads had a twisted look to them, because I had twisted the dreads in the past in trying to make them not grow flat....well a few weeks back, I realized that those twisted parts were, in fact, weak spots that were caused probably from interlocking, and they were going to finally fall out my dreads, they did. One fell off when I was out somewhere and I don't know what happened to it, the other one, I was able to painlessly pull off the dread with no apparent damage to the dreads at all, what follows are pictures of the parting I had concerns about. it appears to be finally closing up back to what a normal scalp parting is supposed to be :)

/ 3
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form