Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

AMPs Natural Timeline

P3RMAamp
@p3rmaamp
8 years ago
80 posts

I'm not the type of person to wear jewelry much but I have a feeling I probably will put quite a few trinkets in my hair once it locks up more. Bells would be cool. And some little clinking charms. 

3_little_birds2316
@carolbrennan
8 years ago
60 posts

Thought I would chime in on the lower back hair not dreading.  I was having that problem too.  it seemed like nothing I did would help the hair.  

FINALLY at 4 months to 6 months the hair just started dreading.  I have some that have 3-4 inches of dread now and feel like it's finally progressing, however slowly.  ir has definitely been frustrating though.

You can look at my timeline and see in the photos around 2 months what mine was doing.  then you Can see my video that shows where it was at 5 months, which is a lot better.

I also posted a seperate forum on it and got some encouragement.

Time is all you need.

--
Livin' wild and free in NC

Follow my dreadlock journey on instagram: @3_little_birds2316
P3RMAamp
@p3rmaamp
8 years ago
80 posts

3_little_birds2316:

Thought I would chime in on the lower back hair not dreading. I was having that problem too. it seemed like nothing I did would help the hair.

FINALLY at 4 months to 6 months the hair just started dreading. I have some that have 3-4 inches of dread now and feel like it's finally progressing, however slowly. ir has definitely been frustrating though.

You can look at my timeline and see in the photos around 2 months what mine was doing. then you Can see my video that shows where it was at 5 months, which is a lot better.

I also posted a seperate forum on it and got some encouragement.

Time is all you need.

Thanks for the encouragement. I've looked through your photos. (Thanks for sharing btw)Your dreads are looking quite nice.

I just gotta quit looking and touching it too. Once I leave it alone and forget about it I'm sure it will do its thing. I know there are several factors that could be causing the slower rate. My hair there is also the shortest since I'm growing my hair out from a "stacked bob cut" I got in January. It's about 6 1/2 inches if I stretch out a curl.

P3RMAamp
@p3rmaamp
8 years ago
80 posts

It's amazing to look at your hair daily and see the amazing things it does. It really does look like a work of art with all the zigzags, loops and such. There is no questioning what's going on with my hair now. It's not just matted or unbrushed it's dreading. I'll update photos on the 26th which will mark exactly two months.

On a less happy note I'm not looking forward to the disappointment on my dads face when he sees me in Hawaii. But I guess I just have to remember you can't please everyone.

P3RMAamp
@p3rmaamp
8 years ago
80 posts

My hair has made massive progress in the six days I've been here in Hawaii. The right side of my head has lost a half an inch and the left over one inch though it's still over an inch longer than the right side. I haven't had to do much separating but my hair is locking even tighter. Especially after snorkeling for over three hours yesterday.

I really couldn't be happier with how my hair is looking so far. If you saw the right side of my head in person you wouldn't believe I'm only two full months along. While the left side of my head is definitely lagging behind I'm not worried about it. I'm kind of enjoying having two different stages going on.

Two month update photos have been added to page one. 

updated by @p3rmaamp: 11/27/16 04:14:03PM
3_little_birds2316
@carolbrennan
8 years ago
60 posts

Love the progress so far! looking great for 2 months in!

--
Livin' wild and free in NC

Follow my dreadlock journey on instagram: @3_little_birds2316
P3RMAamp
@p3rmaamp
8 years ago
80 posts

I have to give another shout out to the awesomeness that is Vicki's Dreadlock Shampoo. The place I'm living and working at right now only uses rain water. They are 100% off grid. Thus we try to conserve water. I've found the easiest way to wash my hair is by filling the bathroom sink then putting some Vicki's in there and washing my hair that way. Since I hate to waste perfectly good soapy water I have been using the post hair washing water to wash my clothes in. They turn out just as clean as my hair! I swear she needs to bottle this stuff as a catch all cleaner in gallon jugs.

3_little_birds2316:

Love the progress so far! looking great for 2 months in!

Thanks! I'm still pretty happy with them and living where I am at the moment is realy helping me realize I just need to let everything go. 

P3RMAamp
@p3rmaamp
7 years ago
80 posts

Photo Update on Page 1

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
7 years ago
29,640 posts

they look great and i just noticed you remind me just a lil bit of my friend me (me is her name) i cant even figure out what about ya reminds me of her u definarely got diferent noses  but its ..just an overall thing i think

its  a good thing shes 1 of my fave people

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
P3RMAamp
@p3rmaamp
7 years ago
80 posts

☮ soaring eagle ॐ:

they look great and i just noticed you remind me just a lil bit of my friend me (me is her name) i cant even figure out what about ya reminds me of her u definarely got diferent noses  but its ..just an overall thing i think

its  a good thing shes 1 of my fave people

I'm glad it's a good friend. ;) I'm sad to say I've officially left Hawaii now. Despite my desire to stay some things at home require my attention. I look forward to my next possible adventure. I'm hoping my hair progress doesn't stagnate like my soul sometimes does when I'm there(home).

updated by @p3rmaamp: 02/10/17 02:56:59AM

/ 10

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form