Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Time to start tracking... Ben

SARSwimmer
@sarswimmer
8 years ago
11 posts

I'm probably a little over a month into my freeform journey at this point, but because, you know, math...  I'm gonna call it an even month on July1.  Still don't really have anything I'd call a legitimate "baby dread" but I do have to wear a hat a lot and I'm a mechanic, so that can't help my hair much, but we'll get there, we're stubborn, my hair and I.

3 weeks

1 Month

updated by @sarswimmer: 07/02/16 12:37:13AM
SARSwimmer
@sarswimmer
8 years ago
11 posts

Here is my 3 week update.  I have been spraying my hair weekly with sea salt and washing twice a week with a regular shampoo.

SARSwimmer
@sarswimmer
8 years ago
11 posts

My "1 month" update.  Since my last post (s picture) I have stopped using the sea salt solution all together and have been using a lockin' up shampoo twice a week.

updated by @sarswimmer: 07/02/16 12:34:44AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,640 posts

changing shampoo made a big difference didn't it? looks like it

are the hats essential to safety?

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
SARSwimmer
@sarswimmer
8 years ago
11 posts

The hats are essential to keeping my job.  I get complaints about my beard on a daily basis, so I started trimming it to keep my employer happy, If I didn't have my hair covered they'd find a reason to get rid of me within a month.  Yes, the new shampoo made a noticeable difference.

updated by @sarswimmer: 07/09/16 05:39:33PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,640 posts

100% wrong and illegal

they cannot do that to you or you could sue and its a guaranteed win

stop trimming your beard, stop wearing hats.. if they dare try to fire you just tell them they cant according to title 7 of the employee rights act

https://www.dreadlockssite.com/dreadlocks-forums/forum/dreads-jobs-employment-issues/110594/dreadlocks-and-employement-laws-your-rights-to-wear-dreads-in-the-workplace-explained

that explains in detail your rights and what employers can, and cannot do

if it is not a safety thing then it makes absolutely no diference how much the clients complain. unless the employer can prove that your hair is costing them more business then makes up the entire administrative costs (including your bosses salary, his bosses salary and the ceo etc salaries) then customer complaints are irrelevant

if you were the only person on earth that believed urine and feces were for some reason holy, or sacred, then they could not fire you even if you  came to work every day caked in shit and piss

that's the truth.. that's the law.. ..and your rights

you cannot give up your rights without even trying to fight for them or you won't have any rights, nor do you deserve the rights you have

so you go to yours boss and tell them that under title 7 of the employee rights act you will no longer be wearing hats, nor covering your head.

you are growing dreadlocks according to a sincerely held belief and you will continue to do the best job you can do to be an asset to the company, but are unwilling to compromise your beliefs for job security, and now that you know your rights you realize you never had to to begin with

--
SARSwimmer
@sarswimmer
8 years ago
11 posts

I understand where you're coming from however there are a couple caveats.

1- They aren't going to fire me "for having messy hair" or "for growing a beard." It's just going to make them get creative and give a BS excuse for terminating my employment before my probationary period is over or for firing me afterwords.

2- My unwillingness to fight them on it may, in the eyes of some, mean I don't deserve my rights.  I could go on a long argument about what I put up with and what I did in service of this country and win a few supporters, get a few haters, etc etc, same old song and dance, but that doesn't really matter to me.  The reason I'm ok with being pidgeon holed as "not deserving my rights" is because even though I can't afford my bills, my mortgage or food for myself, having this job is getting me enough money to pay child support and make sure my son is taken care of.  At the end of the day you can call me whatever you want and that's always going to be more important.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,640 posts

if they fire you within a year of having that conversation then you won

if they do not have something specific, and serious enough to fire you for .. then you got them

you are worried about customer complaints..customer complaints don't matter

just do whats right for you for your dreads .. your job is guaranteed to be secure

--
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form