Like this page? Then share it!
Dreadlocks Site Highly Recommends dreadlockshampoo.com

Dreadlocks site's servers are partialy funded by mining BTC on hashflare
any additional profits are donated to Fredoms Wings International Soaring for people with disabilities

Dreadlocks Forums

Learning to love my hair, a free form timeline.

Kris Walsh
@kris-walsh
4 years ago
10 posts

If I had started this when I put down my brush it would probably be named something else. As it is I'm 5 weeks into free form/natural/neglect dreads. To understand why I'm learning to love my hair you need to understand how I've viewed it most of my life. My main is THICK, coarse, curly/wavy, frizzy. It's always been unresponsive to styling and for the last 7 years I've worn it in a braid to keep it from knotting/tangling. April of 2013

I've always admired dreads but was afraid of what people would think, say or how I may be judged. After some research and discussing my decision with my kids I quit brushing March 23 of 2014.

After one week it was pretty well separated, I even had some baby dreads forming in the back underneath.

Week 2 I saw some sections tighten and more knots forming.

Week 3 I forgot to do my Sunday update pictures =( Bad me. on 4/10 some lovely craziness going on tho.

4/17 I was smiling at this guy, it was twisted back on itself and knotted =D

4/20 was 4 weeks.

5 Weeks, I find I'm loving the freedom of not worrying about what it looks like. If it knots that's a good thing right? I feel like my hair is doing what it was meant to do and not having to fight it into some sort of hairstyle is so liberating.

updated by @kris-walsh: 06/17/15 01:01:51PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
4 years ago
28,526 posts

i love your hair and the progress its making

im following it for now and i will feature it soon, probably around the 2 month mark

(unless anyone thinks it should be featured today)

i know its dreading fast..and oh so beautifully but i think waitting to feature till its made a lil more progress will really show off just how well its dreading

--
27 years growing dreadlocks the natural way
My dreads are over 9 feet long

also on the board of, and a student glider pilot with freedoms wings international
Little Wing
@little-wing
4 years ago
41 posts
It looks lovely!
Kris Walsh
@kris-walsh
4 years ago
10 posts

No rush, they'll still be there knotting up =D I'll try to get someone to help me get some decent pictures of the underneath. I can feel and see the dreads but it doesn't translate for some reason when my daughter takes pics.

soaring eagle said:

i love your hair and the progress its making

im following it for now and i will feature it soon, probably around the 2 month mark

(unless anyone thinks it should be featured today)

i know its dreading fast..and oh so beautifully but i think waitting to feature till its made a lil more progress will really show off just how well its dreading

TattiNatti
@tattinatti
4 years ago
22 posts

Wow it's amazing... I bet you are so glad you just let it go natural... the progress is awesome!! Can't wait for more updates... :)

Shannon2
@shannon2
4 years ago
14 posts
Wow,the cool curls & colour you've got since you stopped brushing is awesome.Will be looking forward to updates!
Psybin
@psybin
4 years ago
32 posts

Looks great! I wish my hair would dread that fast. Anyone notice the soaring eagle flag in the seventh photo? xD

kat black
@kat-black
4 years ago
2 posts

I love your hair too! If I may ask, how often do you wash it, and with what?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
4 years ago
28,526 posts

nice i hadnt noticed till now and i usualy spot every soaring bird anywhere within sight range

they sure are beautiful dreads tho thats what had me distracted i guess

Eric Organiscak said:

Looks great! I wish my hair would dread that fast. Anyone notice the soaring eagle flag in the seventh photo? xD

--
27 years growing dreadlocks the natural way
My dreads are over 9 feet long

also on the board of, and a student glider pilot with freedoms wings international
Martin-Sean Horrigan
@peacefrog
4 years ago
4 posts

Namaste!

Wow! Awesome progress! They will be some badass dreads... will be checking in regularly to observe your progress.

Peace!

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
Contact Form