Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

natural dread journey

Richard4
@richard4
11 years ago
16 posts

Hi everyone, just wanted to share my progress and see what you guys think. The two first pics is me at 1month and 3 weeks of the neglect method and my hair started curling up a lot, it was really fun to watch.

The next pic is me today at 4 months and 2 weeks and I'm really loving the way my hair looks and feels at the moment. My hair seems to have grown quite fast and has made so much progress thinking back on it. Now almost all my sections are beginning to get hard spots at the tips and the sections in the back are a lot more developed. I have about 4 baby dreads at the back which have pretty thick knots and some are really balled up on the ends.

I will try to upload more pics every couple of months =)

updated by @richard4: 02/14/15 04:32:28AM
Richard4
@richard4
11 years ago
16 posts

just adding my first lock it started knotting up around month 2 and it just getting bigger and thicker, really hard to resist playing with it!

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

how long was the hair when u started

its progressing well just lil slow i think the length is why and ..is it oily? what have u been washing with? bronners?

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Richard4
@richard4
11 years ago
16 posts

I'm not sure what length it was when i started but i think around 6 inches, I have been taking biotin and I wash with dreadlockshampoo the dragons blood one.

Richard4
@richard4
10 years ago
16 posts

Hey everyone it's been a long time since i updated this post and the reason for that is because i combed my hair after 9 months of letting it do its thing. Looking back on it and thinking if i would have just left it alone how my locks would have looked now is a saddening thought but at the time i guess vanity got the best of me, you see i work in a shop where i serve hundreds of different people every day and seeing person after person negatively judge you in the space of a 20 second transaction is quite disheartening. At the time i told myself my hair was too short and i wasn't seeing enough progression but i guess that was just an excuse. Anyways here i am again going natural.

Richard4
@richard4
10 years ago
16 posts

updated by @richard4: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

question how can you tell someones negatively judging you in the spaCE OF A 20 SECOND TRANSACTION did anyone actualy ever say anything? or wass it the thoughts in your head saying your being judged cause most of us dreads get nothing but support excvept for from that 1 in a thousand hell closer to 1 in 10,000 or less in all my years dreading and meeting hundreds of thousands of ppl i can think of just 2 maybe 3 that i felt judged me negativly

alotta the times its our own negative feelings that give us that perception

in a way its like asperrgers when someone smiles u think they are mocking you etc its the same if you feel unworthy or like you should be judged negativly for your choices then you will feekl like everyones thinkikng bad thoughts about you while in reality they maybe envios

--
Richard4
@richard4
10 years ago
16 posts

yes many people said things and others merely look at you like they didn't before, in a kind of disdainful way that i would think you have also experienced? maybe i work in an area less open minded than the areas you usually visit or maybe it is the case that it's all in my head either way learning to accept myself and others more and more is an ongoing process, one that at the moment i'm feeling positive about.

soaring eagle said:

question how can you tell someones negatively judging you in the spaCE OF A 20 SECOND TRANSACTION did anyone actualy ever say anything? or wass it the thoughts in your head saying your being judged cause most of us dreads get nothing but support excvept for from that 1 in a thousand hell closer to 1 in 10,000 or less in all my years dreading and meeting hundreds of thousands of ppl i can think of just 2 maybe 3 that i felt judged me negativly

alotta the times its our own negative feelings that give us that perception

in a way its like asperrgers when someone smiles u think they are mocking you etc its the same if you feel unworthy or like you should be judged negativly for your choices then you will feekl like everyones thinkikng bad thoughts about you while in reality they maybe envios

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

how you perceived they look at you is distorted by your thoughts look how many opl feel hated all the time or the flip side women whbo feel loved by the guys that strangle beat and setthem on fire

only twicve that i can remember has anyone ever said anything that wsasnt positive

--
Richard4
@richard4
10 years ago
16 posts

well you're very lucky then because every week i get some sort of insult from someone however i do live in a city and i travel through the city center to get to work, just last week i was walking and someone shouted from their car "fucking hippy" like i said we just have different experiences thanks for taking the time to talk to me about it though =)

soaring eagle said:

how you perceived they look at you is distorted by your thoughts look how many opl feel hated all the time or the flip side women whbo feel loved by the guys that strangle beat and setthem on fire

only twicve that i can remember has anyone ever said anything that wsasnt positive

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form