Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums
Dakota D.
@dakota-d
12 years ago
3 posts

I can relate. I just got mine brutally combed out 2 days ago. Still dealing with the migraines. :[

updated by @dakota-d: 07/23/15 06:32:14PM
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

Same here. I started mine when I was 20. She hated them, and would voice her opinion, but she'd never force me to take them out.

She's use to them now, but now that my wedding's coming up, she bring it up once in a while that I should take them out and have them "done nice" for the wedding.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

how and why was it againsdt your will thst is criminal (literaly against the law)

my mom for 15 years always made scissor motions with her fingers everyyime i glanced her way and every conf]vo for 15 years she brought up cutting she even bribed me with thousands of sdollars several times when i could have used it most but nefver would have tru=ied combing or cutting

then 1 day she realized ppl gave me respect fir dreads and it wasnt something to be ashamed of now she brags about my dreads to other dreads they meet..lol

its all abkut showing them that its not somethingto be ahamed of but proud of

then they see it differently

Dakota D. said:

I can relate. I just got mine brutally combed out 2 days ago. Still dealing with the migraines. :[

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Jamie5
@jamie5
12 years ago
12 posts

I think that it might seem like it sucks now but you really do only have a few more years until you can do as you please. The way I see it, her house-her rules..

Ricky Aka Ricky
@ricky-aka-ricky
12 years ago
34 posts

I'm sorry...that's not right at all. But you have my support, if there's anything at all that i can do...don't hesitate to ask.

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

ha! Eagle, my girlfriends mom does the scissor finger thing too. She'll even lean towards my head while she does it. But she's glad I have them and not her daughter. Her whole family, too, except her dad. He loves them. But he is an old cross country hitch hiking hippie.

Dakota D.
@dakota-d
12 years ago
3 posts

Yes it was against my will and unfortunately the law is very lax over here. They always comb them out regardless of compliments I get for their looks and cleanliness. It's a vicious cycle of start a set, watch them progress, and suddenly have them combed out. The worst part is that they know my hair is already tangled and tangles pretty quickly. They could at least comb out the week I start.

soaring eagle said:

how and why was it againsdt your will thst is criminal (literaly against the law)

my mom for 15 years always made scissor motions with her fingers everyyime i glanced her way and every conf]vo for 15 years she brought up cutting she even bribed me with thousands of sdollars several times when i could have used it most but nefver would have tru=ied combing or cutting

then 1 day she realized ppl gave me respect fir dreads and it wasnt something to be ashamed of now she brags about my dreads to other dreads they meet..lol

Dakota D. said:

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

who is doing this the laws only lax if you let it be lax and dont attempt to do something about it

if tjhety whoever they are keep violating your rights your space and brutaly combing out your hair against yoir will you can and should file charges or get a restraining order

you could olso defend yourself the hairs at the nape of the neck or the widows peek are extrasensative.. grab them pull them to the floor and hold them there

the lower lip as well pinch it and you got yourself a puppet you can drag enm to kiss the floor lift em back up even repeatedly walk them into a wall or make them kiss your (or their own) ass

you dont have to injure to control you can take control of the situation and keep them controlled till they agree to your terms

Dakota D. said:

Yes it was against my will and unfortunately the law is very lax over here. They always comb them out regardless of compliments I get for their looks and cleanliness. It's a vicious cycle of start a set, watch them progress, and suddenly have them combed out. The worst part is that they know my hair is already tangled and tangles pretty quickly. They could at least comb out the week I start.

soaring eagle said:

Dakota D. said:

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

ohhh Nigeria

i can imagine the laws not too helpful there

--
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

Yeah, Eagle. From experience talking to people from that part of the world and from other third world countries, locks are not anacceptablehair style for most people. Where you might think locks would be seen all over, you don't see them in places of work or on professional people. Many businesses wont even allow people with locks in their stores/restaurants.

/ 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form