Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums
Riley Napalm
@haazinumusic
12 years ago
27 posts

tell your mom that i have them too and that i want you to have them again!

updated by @haazinumusic: 07/23/15 07:42:59AM
Valérie
@valrie
12 years ago
539 posts

I'm sorry to read this. It's a real bummer that it came down to letting her comb them out. I hope you cried the whole time so that she can feel a little bit guilty about it (no decent mother really wants their child to be sad, regardless.)

I highly suggest writing her a letter explaining dreadlocks, debunking the misinformation, explaining why you decided to have them, and how it made you feel to have her comb them out. I would also try and get some space from her for a bit, if you can, because I know that when I was upset or angry I would always get rather verbose about my feelings and that never ended up progressing my situations.

Riley Napalm
@haazinumusic
12 years ago
27 posts

my dad told me i would look dumb with dreads. i'm almost 25 and moved out at age 18. he said, "you're not a Rastafarian or Jamaican, so you don't need them." he also said i wasn't allowed to be a Messianic Jew. but that didn't stop me. it' really is a different world when you get out from under your parent's roof. as sucky as it seems, it is their house, their rules... i had this argument MANY MANY times growing up. =[

maddie ary
@maddie-ary
12 years ago
28 posts

my mom told me i wasnt African American? i was sooo madddd, i really miss them sooo much. one day i WILL have them though! i will definitely tell her that you have them and want me to have them (: i just want to start dreading again so bad mann! im about to just do it again and say FUCKK YOU! lol

Riley Napalm said:

my dad told me i would look dumb with dreads. i'm almost 25 and moved out at age 18. he said, "you're not a Rastafarian or Jamaican, so you don't need them." he also said i wasn't allowed to be a Messianic Jew. but that didn't stop me. it' really is a different world when you get out from under your parent's roof. as sucky as it seems, it is their house, their rules... i had this argument MANY MANY times growing up. =[

maddie ary
@maddie-ary
12 years ago
28 posts

and thank you everyone for your support!

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

dear madies mom

i anm writting you concerning maddies desire to dread

i myself have had dreadlocks 22 years and will keep them till i die dreadlocks are a very personal choice and to lose ones dreads plunges you into dread loss depression and a profound sence of loss of identity

now i understand you said shes not african american so shouldb=nt dread that is racism wether a african american said it or not no race owns dreadlocks and dreads are a part of every culture on earth theres evidence of dreads thousands of years into ireland scandab]=nacvia nordic and egyption histories as well as pretty much all cultures pharoes like king tut wore dreass and commoners often wore dreadlocked wigs to appease the god men pharoes

even native american tribes wore dreads cheifs, warriors and medicine men dreadlocks were worn by the holiest of holies in fact gurus sadhus and religios leaders all over the globe wore dreads

jesus of nazarine refers to the nazarite vow that demands nazarites allow the hair to dread joseph john the baptist and ofcourse most famously sampson wore dreads as a religios pact with the creator in fact the bible states only the nazarirtes are worthy of speaking directly to the devo[ine and entering the kingdom of heaven and that come judgement day the creator will rakje his hand across the land the dreadlocks of the devoute will tangkle in his fingers and lift them to the promiced land

thats the chrisg=tian and jewish perspectibve on dreads which is also the rastafarian

however buddhists dread to destroy vanity and its control over us

for this reason dreading cures self image issues like anorexia which is all about control and judgement

now your daughter has the steength toi face jydgement even invite it which gives her self confidence and a security in her beauty that doesnt depend on validation from others

i understand that your embarrassed you fear the judgement she invites and stands up to see how dreading in such a short time has made her stringer then you in this aspect?

but you will see ob=ver time that 98% of the people u meet hold a very high regard to dreads you will walk down the stret and people driving by will shout "respect" and "nice dreads" yes 1% hate dreads yes the haters are very vocal about their ignorance yes she will face descrimination from that 1% but mostly she will get compliments and admiration..and looked up to

so your fear your embarrassment will melt away

and besides wouldnt you want to appear to be a supportive parent who encourages your child to develop as a person? not be held back by your bias and fear of judgement? arent you fearing how her appearance reflects on your parenting?

well most people will look at you and appreciate that you ar supportinve not restrictive.

now you may also think dreading will hurt her future this is also false

you can get any job with dreads and its ilegal to descriminate since almost every religion embraces dreading as the highest form of communication with the devine

if dreads were descriminated against we would not have the following

space travel the 1st rockets to the moon were designed and buildt by someone with dreads (not alone ofcourse but he had a large lart in it)

virtual reality was also invented by someone with dreads

bio fuels literaly thousands of dreadheads have workded ondevek]loping grewen ebergy and biofuels the 1 that built the saturn rocket now runs the largest biodeisel refinery in the country yup ceo of the future will be a dready

green contruction like hempcrete earth bag construction earthships homes that require less then 100 dollars a year total bills

but moving onthe desire to dread has never been stronger in our society as the world ghets more and more artificial the desire to be natural is stronf[ger then ever to many we feel like we are drw]owning in artificiality so ser]\perated from nature that the ingredients in our dfood sund more like a chemical warfare agent then an edibal one

dreadlov]=cks our our natural hair how hairs meant to be without artificial manipulation and chemo=ical treatment

dreadlocks are incredibly beautiful when you are wiking to see the beauty in them

only your bias colors your perception

just as if your racist abgainst a race you cant see the beauty in the face of that racfe your perception of dreads colors their beauty as uf[]=gly even dirty no matter how clean they actualy are

please reconcider your decision is affecting her happiness you are making her miserable and it can make her resent you

dont let thast happen please try to be suportive even if yiu dont like it for yourself like it for her

pd\s..maybe if you tried dreading with her youd understand

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

/ 3
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form