Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

No dread love.........

Jeremy Boone
@jeremy-boone
13 years ago
42 posts
It has become very apparent to me that noone and I mean noone around me likes me having dreads :(. Most everyone here in our chunk of Louisiana is rednecks so they see me having dreads as me trying to be ghetto. My wife who just has a I don't care attitude is not supportive at all and the rest of my family is apart of the redneck group. Everyone around here is a hypocrite, they bash me for having dreads and talk bad about African Americans but then put speakers in their jacked up trucks so they can bump lol. They where flat bill hats and all that too. I try to explain the cultural background of dreads and how all races have wore them but they are to small minded to listen.
updated by @jeremy-boone: 01/13/15 09:12:46PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

small minds cant comprehend anything beyond the simplest concepts

why care what they think

when the 1st human evolved enough to walk upright the ones still walking on their knuckles im sure teased them and werent supportin e im betting everytime they stood up the knuckledraggers threw their poo at them

just like these rednecks are throwing verbal poo at you

bee proud that your idea ofd a shopping trip is running over a racoon and u never hasd dog stew

walk upright with your head held high your dreads hanging low and be propud of being more evolved

you can try to teach em but ..they arent very likely to learn

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Jeremy Boone
@jeremy-boone
13 years ago
42 posts
Thanks se it's nice to hear some encouragement from a fellow dread head. I am so glad I found this site and thank you for starting it! I'm kinda used to being treated different around hear since I'm not the church type and all I've always been a outcast, but like you said I always keep my head up because I'm proud of who I am and my beliefs. Much love brother.

soaring eagle said:

small minds cant comprehend anything beyond the simplest concepts

why care what they think

when the 1st human evolved enough to walk upright the ones still walking on their knuckles im sure teased them and werent supportin e im betting everytime they stood up the knuckledraggers threw their poo at them

just like these rednecks are throwing verbal poo at you

bee proud that your idea ofd a shopping trip is running over a racoon and u never hasd dog stew

walk upright with your head held high your dreads hanging low and be propud of being more evolved

you can try to teach em but ..they arent very likely to learn

sarah  salazar
@sarah-salazar
13 years ago
7 posts
Be happy that your not closed minded and you have the opportunity to grow and to be different! You are an awesome being and what other people say about you is none of your business anyway. So keep being you and stay awesome! much love!
Jeremy Boone
@jeremy-boone
13 years ago
42 posts
Thank you Sarah it's great to be surrounded by awesome poeple like the dread heads here!

sarah salazar said:
Be happy that your not closed minded and you have the opportunity to grow and to be different! You are an awesome being and what other people say about you is none of your business anyway. So keep being you and stay awesome! much love!
ashley ✿
@ashley
13 years ago
167 posts

dont be down! (: people will always hate on you for something about you, specially if you're 'different' nd what not. i myself take pride in being myself, which most would deem different. and you should too. and if you ever need a dose of feel good from fellow dreadies, this is the place to go! i know howyou feel about discrimination. im the only female really, around that has dreads, i've seen three or four girls with dreads in my state so far. the guys outweigh us by far haha, thats cos women are obsessed with how they want their hair to be like this and that, but anyways, im rambling. good day to you, and remember, you're amazing for being you!

Gabbi Padley
@gabbi-padley
13 years ago
4 posts

I love them.

And I love you!

Take it easy, my man (: Good vibes.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form