Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

dreads, cops, and court.

xxMercy
@xxmercy
13 years ago
26 posts
so my ex and his new gf have been harassing me via facebook, texting and phone calls. i haven't been with him since the beginning of LAST year. anywho, all last week i went from sheriff's station to sheriff's station to the court house trying to get him to leave me alone. i finally succeeded in filing a temporary restraining order against him. now i have to go to a hearing and present my case.... i'm pretty nervous. he's extremely clean cut compared to me. i'm already going to take out my piercings for that day but idk what to do about my hair. its a fucking mess and the police and court officials aren't exactly known to be supportive of an individual's locking journey. idk if its ok to wear a tam there, if i should just try to put them up or let them be unruly, or if i should just break down and comb them out AGAIN. i love my dreads, but this mofo scares me. i can't risk not having a permanent restraining order, and discrimination is the ONLY way i won't get it, he made his threats perfectly clear and i kept the evidence. i just don't know how to deal with this as i've not had any good experiences with the cops and court this past week. they've talked down to me, stared at me like i was a freak and even insinuated i was lying about the whole thing. any advice is greatly appreciated.
updated by @xxmercy: 01/13/15 09:04:30PM
Cora Walborn
@cora-walborn
13 years ago
20 posts
Have you tried a nice silk scarf or something similar? Perhaps a nice outfit with a matching head scarf that discreetly covers your dreads?
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,639 posts
if they descriminate u can sue the state my best gfreinds doing that now in fact do not comb them out the court cannot descriminate and they know that you will get yoir restraininfg order no problem

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
xxMercy
@xxmercy
13 years ago
26 posts

i think the scarf is a good idea, can't really believe i didn't think of it. thanks cora=]

i don't want to have to sue the state SE(but if it comes down to it, i damn will), i don't even want to have a hearing in the first place. i just want them to leave me alone. they say some pretty degrading things. i don't want to wake up to that every morning anymore.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,639 posts

dont worry bout it u will get the restraining order yu have the evidence

and reminds them that the average sereal killer looks more like yoir ex then you! almost all are clean cut ppl u would never expect but how many peirced dreaded freaks do u hear about turning canabal and stockpiling body parts under the floorboards?

--
xxMercy
@xxmercy
13 years ago
26 posts
pretty much none!!! i swear my clean cut friends are more off putting than my pierced/tattooed/hippie friends.

soaring eagle said:

dont worry bout it u will get the restraining order yu have the evidence

and reminds them that the average sereal killer looks more like yoir ex then you! almost all are clean cut ppl u would never expect but how many peirced dreaded freaks do u hear about turning canabal and stockpiling body parts under the floorboards?

Ms. Lambergiinnii
@ms-lambergiinnii
13 years ago
6 posts
I feel you Hun. I had a situation with the cops in a domestic violence case in which I ended up in the E.R. And the cops were extremely rude and mean to me, I'm guessing due to the fact of my multiple piercings, ethnicity and tattoos and scars. It is unfortunate but discrimanation is still quite rampant, and they can easily judge you by your appearance, and get away with it. It's hard to prove that discrimination took place unless it's blatantly obvious. And even then.....I would also suggest a nice scarf wrapped around your dreads that match a nice outfit. It's sad that appearance can still be a key factor in getting rightful justice. I hope all goes well for you.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,639 posts

u do realize alotta cops are asshoples cause theyre cops right? it dont matter who you are they will be assholes to u

then theres the others who treat u fuine and with respect even if your homeless addict

it probly has alot lesss to do with yoir hair then it does theire personalities or some its the job turns them that way i guess

they probly sense u dont like em too so that sure dont help thats why anymor i try to joke around with them and give them the respect u want them to give me and really eare any more that i have a negative interaction with em

actualy usualy i find they can be very freindly when i treat em like people not just unifoms

--
xxMercy
@xxmercy
13 years ago
26 posts

i've always treated cops with respect, and yeah they're normally kinda douchey anyway but the last week they've treated me with such a callous disregard that i almost dropped the whole case. the only reasoning i can possibly see for them treating me like a liar and a second class citizen are my dreads, my piercings and ink, and my age.

i'm very respectful and i'm quite eloquent when i speak to them, i don't use slang or foul language. but there's no reciprocity. they do the bare minimum, which is mostly telling me to go to a different city. its just ridiculous. you'd think i was a criminal or something. its a bummer.

xxMercy
@xxmercy
13 years ago
26 posts

thank you. my mom thinks i'm nuts but she wasn't there. she didn't see how they acted towards me. i thought they were going to haul me off instead. even when i showed them 9 threat texts varying from cutting my face to jumping me to killing me they wouldn't file a report. they made me wait to go to court the next day.

and i know i looked like crap the next day, i couldn't sleep AT ALL that night. they filing clerk probably thought i was some crazy druggie or something. the whole situation has just been so cheapening. i felt worthless to them. i still feel like that.

Ms. Lambergiinnii said:

I feel you Hun. I had a situation with the cops in a domestic violence case in which I ended up in the E.R. And the cops were extremely rude and mean to me, I'm guessing due to the fact of my multiple piercings, ethnicity and tattoos and scars. It is unfortunate but discrimanation is still quite rampant, and they can easily judge you by your appearance, and get away with it. It's hard to prove that discrimination took place unless it's blatantly obvious. And even then.....I would also suggest a nice scarf wrapped around your dreads that match a nice outfit. It's sad that appearance can still be a key factor in getting rightful justice. I hope all goes well for you.
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form