Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

A Compliment !?

ashley ✿
@ashley
13 years ago
167 posts

Okay, if anyone has read previous discussions by me, you know that my parents and what not are not very supportive of my dreads, calling me stuff and blahblahblah. anyways, today though my mom gave me a compliment on my dreads she said something along the lines of

"They look interesting,"

I take that as a compliment. I just thought this was a milestone hahahaha.

updated by @ashley: 01/13/15 09:03:11PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

it does get better slowly

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Clayton
@clayton
13 years ago
76 posts
My mother loathed the idea of me growing dreads originally, but after four, maybe five months, she's totally digging it. You just gotta lead them into it slowly. :D
Star Gryphon
@star-gryphon
12 years ago
190 posts

I started my dreads while living in a different city and 100 miles away from my parents. It was probably a year before they noticed that I had been doing something different with my hair than the old and boring silky smooth brushed out super long hair I always had. For years she told me how she couldn't understand that I could dread up hair that was so beautiful.

Slowly my family got used to seeing me with a different style than they were used to me having. My mom would sometimes still make comments about how ugly she thought they were and didn't understand my decision. This was until she started witnessing compliments from all sorts of people and how beautiful they thought my hair was.

Now I've actually witnessed her brag to someone about how long and beautiful my dreads were. She finally realized that long dreads were a status symbol and something to be proud of...

Sarah Smile
@sarah-smile
12 years ago
43 posts

when i was younger, i started dreads and my mom hated them and made me brush them out. living on my own now, saw my mom for the first time with my new (2 month) dreads and she said they gave my hair "nice texture" ...baby steps, my friend, baby steps ;)

Star Gryphon
@star-gryphon
12 years ago
190 posts

That's pretty cool your mom didn't lecture you this time around!

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form