Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

dreadlocks and school/

Felipe Orsi Silva Beihy
@felipe-orsi-silva-beihy
14 years ago
9 posts
If it were at Brazil, i would go to the court!! This is prejudice!!! I am a University student and I have a job too. We, the people who have dreads here, feel the prejudice in the air, but no one, who dont have dreads say, nothing!!At my job people actually are getting used with the ideia, and some of them had dreads in the past!!!!So, dont give up!!(Again, sorry for my bad english... I am trying to improove my skills!! )
updated by @felipe-orsi-silva-beihy: 07/09/15 06:54:01AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
look in the features discussions there is a thread about this and i posted a letter to the administratorsbrazil? its descrimination anywhere in usa you can go to court tooread http://www.dreadlockssite.com/forum/topics/discrimination-against

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Devan Ferro
@devan-ferro
14 years ago
15 posts
i am the only one in my high school with dreadlocks! people ask me why, and i tell them they are just antenae to the possitive world! : )
Felipe Orsi Silva Beihy
@felipe-orsi-silva-beihy
14 years ago
9 posts
LOL!!!!I tell people here the same!!! Devan Ferro said:
i am the only one in my high school with dreadlocks! people ask me why, and i tell them they are just antenae to the possitive world! : )
alex forgets
@alex-forgets
14 years ago
7 posts
awesome! & if i got my dreadlocks, i'd be the only one in my highschool. (not including the people who have braids all through their hair) Devan Ferro said:
Arturis Static
@arturis-static
14 years ago
51 posts
Nice answer.Keep up that positive attitude, alive and spreading it ! Devan Ferro said:
alex forgets
@alex-forgets
14 years ago
7 posts
UPDATE! UPDATE!so I went to my headmaster, said all I needed to say. gave examples. etc.the two reasons I got?"dreadlocks don't look natural on white people""the public will see badly of our school and won't want to send their children here."
Felipe Orsi Silva Beihy
@felipe-orsi-silva-beihy
14 years ago
9 posts
Agreed!!

Evelyn Castiblanco said:

alex forgets said:
UPDATE! UPDATE!

so I went to my headmaster, said all I needed to say. gave examples. etc.
the two reasons I got?
"dreadlocks don't look natural on white people"
"the public will see badly of our school and won't want to send their children here."

well dam your school doesnt teach students, they only teach the students. (as in the ones they only care about) and i find it a racial comment on that dreadlocks dont look natural on a "white" skin color. well man instead of encouraging something positive and accpeting their students who have an idea of freedom be, they encourage blindness, stand up and just walk in with them dreads because NO ONE has the autority to limit your self to finding yourself.
alex forgets
@alex-forgets
14 years ago
7 posts
true!me and my friend were actually thinking about coming into school one day, get paint face paint and cover are faces and if anyone questions are hair being dreadlocked or why we're like that then we were going to reply: well im "black" now so the school allows me to look like this. looks real natural.but either way, for now atleast I only have a year and half left of school. might as well wait.

Evelyn Castiblanco said:

alex forgets said:
UPDATE! UPDATE!

so I went to my headmaster, said all I needed to say. gave examples. etc.
the two reasons I got?
"dreadlocks don't look natural on white people"
"the public will see badly of our school and won't want to send their children here."

well dam your school doesnt teach students, they only teach the students. (as in the ones they only care about) and i find it a racial comment on that dreadlocks dont look natural on a "white" skin color. well man instead of encouraging something positive and accpeting their students who have an idea of freedom be, they encourage blindness, stand up and just walk in with them dreads because NO ONE has the autority to limit your self to finding yourself.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
so the school only lookds good when they are racust? ask the headnaster how the svchool wil;l look when a letter to the edotor is published about racism and descrimination

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form