Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

What I have learned in nearly 2mos. of dreading...

Panterra Caraway
@panterra-caraway
14 years ago
667 posts
Absolutely! Bless you. JahWillProvide said:
i learned that if u believe in something then you will do it no matter what anyone says
ive learned people are very ignorant, even more
i learned that outward growth of something can also result in inward, spiritual growth
i learned that vanity is a waist of time and worthless
i learned time and patience can produce and create positive outcomes
i learned that by simply doing nothing it can create beatuful, strengthening, even enlighting things
i learned that a situation is only what you make out of it, or learn from, good or bad

updated by @panterra-caraway: 07/23/15 03:31:49AM
Renee
@renee
14 years ago
22 posts
I have learned that you are all beautiful.
Ras Arcana
@ras-arcana
14 years ago
2 posts
I've learned that forum site can be a place of love and motivation. Bless!
Connie Puckett
@connie-puckett
14 years ago
15 posts
I've learned that dreadding is like getting a new puppy.1. It's more than just a "good idea at the time" it's a commitment.2. For the first +/- 6-8 months of their life, they can be annoying, (especially to our parents) and never act like we'd like them to.3. After that comes years of pride and enjoyment, an awesome conversation piece and if they are really cool, they might even get you a "date"!!4. Once you start, don't give up, the joy of having them is worth any awkward stage you might encounter.5. Wag more, bark less, woof!ps/ I'm a pet groomer by trade. This process in dogs is called "Cording" and it looks fantastic! Check out the Komondor!!
Serenity North
@serenity-north
14 years ago
14 posts
I have definately learned the ignorance toward dreads which I think is just pointless ...just like the ignorance tward anyones personal style...or ideas .
I believe if you like/want it then go for it dont let anyone stand in your way..(wich i believed before dreads but moreso once i had them)
I also think that dreads are a good way to make people realize you are who you are wether your hair is dreaded or not
I backcombed and palm rolled mine and of course t&r but no chemicals other then the occasional tightening gel which is really just used to stick some of the fuzzies down
but i have learned wax isnt worth it ...why do that when you can just section them and rub them with your fingers ?
I also learned dreads are a different lifestyle people will look at you different for them ...so many think they are dirty or gross and it all depends on how you treat them
I love my dreads for what they are and i have learned to love them more every day i have them ^-^
l0ve Peace --Serenity
Zen Rasta
@zen-rasta
14 years ago
19 posts
Wow... just wow. This should honestly be the first thing that anybody reads. I believe this is probably my favorite post on the site (and I've been reading a lot of 'em). I'm really glad this was featured. Every reply just adds to Panterra's simple yet beautiful and captivating post.Namaste
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
one thing i have noticedmany oeople feel they must compromise theyre dreads for a menial jobbut i see many people in high paying jobs who do not compromise and grow them naturally.i see people crochreting and waxing and bending over backwardss to have inoffensive dreads just to be walmart greeters or gas station attendents,but i know natural dreadies who jave dreads past theyre knees in all sorts of careersthe dean of a local university as well as 2 professors and the network admindocrtorshomeopathyhs and choropractorschefs and limo driversa rocket scientista ceoa civil rights lawyera copseveral teachersthe people who feel they need to compromise themselves for some reason seem to end up in low paying jobs wghile those who respect themselves and stick to what they believe in get paid what they are worthat the same time ive seen several freinds cut theyre dreads in the hopes of getting a certain job..and they never got that job..but when they refused to cut they got the job they wanted

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Panterra Caraway
@panterra-caraway
14 years ago
667 posts

You really are too kind..thank you. Blessings everyday.
Zen Rasta said:
Wow... just wow. This should honestly be the first thing that anybody reads. I believe this is probably my favorite post on the site (and I've been reading a lot of 'em). I'm really glad this was featured. Every reply just adds to Panterra's simple yet beautiful and captivating post.

Namaste
Island Mamma
@island-mamma
14 years ago
530 posts
Love
Lexi
@lexi
14 years ago
20 posts
you seem to know a lot of professional people!I'm glad that dreadies are still accepted as professors, still haven't started yetbut planning to in the next 6 mnths...I work for my aunt at her fancy pants restaurantso i'm pretty worried that she'll be extremely disapproving of my dreadsespcially in the start up phaseI'm moving to the city hopefully though in the next 3-6 months so a new job will comebut even then, what if my pizza delivery store doesn't like my dreadsor my waitress job, or cashier or whatever stupid job I pick upthough you've told me before eagle man, that no job can fire someone because of their dreadsit still makes me worry, menial or not, the shit job is necessary for now

soaringeagle said:
one thing i have noticed
many oeople feel they must compromise theyre dreads for a menial job
but i see many people in high paying jobs who do not compromise and grow them naturally.

i see people crochreting and waxing and bending over backwardss to have inoffensive dreads just to be walmart greeters or gas station attendents,
but i know natural dreadies who jave dreads past theyre knees in all sorts of careers
the dean of a local university as well as 2 professors and the network admin
docrtors
homeopathyhs and choropractors
chefs and limo drivers
a rocket scientist
a ceo
a civil rights lawyer
a cop
several teachers

the people who feel they need to compromise themselves for some reason seem to end up in low paying jobs wghile those who respect themselves and stick to what they believe in get paid what they are worth

at the same time ive seen several freinds cut theyre dreads in the hopes of getting a certain job..and they never got that job..but when they refused to cut they got the job they wanted

/ 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form