Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

What I have learned in nearly 2mos. of dreading...

Panterra Caraway
@panterra-caraway
14 years ago
667 posts

First, that WAX IS BAD! Second, that not every dready is a rasta and not every rasta is a dready! (Lol) Next, that although it is difficult to be patient and trust in something you have never done before that the benefits of doing so are well worth it. I have discovered that the time I used to waste on my hair every day can be spent in more worth~ while ways...sleeping, laughing, going to see the ocean or sitting in silence. I have realized that the people who don't understand or agree with my dreading aren't really missed in my life and that the people who have supported me (here and out in the world) are a source of comfort and inspiration. I have learned that I can be more than I've hoped and I can explore what it means to be me more fully and completely without regret. It is never to late to become who you were always meant to be! And lastly, that enlightenment...like beautiful dreadlocks takes time and an unwavering belief in the journey. Thank you brothers and sisters! What have you learned from having dreads?

updated by @panterra-caraway: 02/14/15 05:34:19AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
i learned to feature a thread when it deserves to be featured i learned that 2 months isnt that much longer then 2 days or even 2 hours i learned that theres no point in rushing if you plan on it lasting a lifetimei learned that most people who d9ont like dreads just never met someone with dreads they liked, or more specificly neveer took the time to realize they'd like emi learned that many people who get dreads dont know what theyre gettingi learned that you dont need a mirror to tell you you look hood i learned that the simplest way is the easiest way and thinking things are complicated just makes it more work then pleasurei learned that everything i ever learned about dreads aammounted to 2 things 1 the 1sy thing i ever learned, throw away your comb and dreads happen, and 2 dont make the mistakes others have made.i learned that dreads free you from babylon and that babylon will sell an icemaker to an eskimo and dreading instructions and tools to those who prevented dreads all theyre livesi learned that you dont have to force things in life its enough to simply allow life to go where it goesthere is no right way to dread dreads are the right way to be

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Panterra Caraway
@panterra-caraway
14 years ago
667 posts
That was truly beautiful! Thank you for sharing that with me.
Island Mamma
@island-mamma
14 years ago
530 posts
Love both of your posts! I can totally relate thanks for sharing your insights :)
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
14 years ago
849 posts
I LOVE this!! I learned Life as well as dreading can be simple if you allow it to be and on the flip side life and dreading can be horrible, complicated and stressful if you make it! Much Love
Jeffree Vega.
@jeffree-vega
14 years ago
66 posts
This is worded perfectly. I totally agree with your insights (: NaturalWomyn said:
I LOVE this!! I learned Life as well as dreading can be simple if you allow it to be and on the flip side life and dreading can be horrible, complicated and stressful if you make it! Much Love
Panterra Caraway
@panterra-caraway
14 years ago
667 posts
I find that NaturalWomyn has a very dead on way with words...I admire her for it!
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
14 years ago
849 posts
It pales in comparison with your wisdom and elegance Panterra! But I thank you for the compliment!! <3 Panterra Caraway said:
I find that NaturalWomyn has a very dead on way with words...I admire her for it!
Rooth
@rooth
14 years ago
6 posts
That was so beautiful!!!!i totally agree. i have learned all the same things. i was always straightening, blowdrying etc. now i go on hikes more. sit and meditate more (which is amazing) i can go to the ocean without worrying what my hair will turn out looking like! i have realized so much that wasting time on hair is probably one of the worst things ever. I ENJOY LIFE MORE!! i have lost many "friends" because of my dreads. maybe they didn't want to be seen with me or who knows. i agree that i dont miss their fake friendships at all and i have made so many more real, long lasting friendships with people because of them. i love your discussion, totally inspiring
JahWillProvide
@jahwillprovide
14 years ago
95 posts
i learned that if u believe in something then you will do it no matter what anyone saysive learned people are very ignorant, even morei learned that outward growth of something can also result in inward, spiritual growthi learned that vanity is a waist of time and worthlessi learned time and patience can produce and create positive outcomesi learned that by simply doing nothing it can create beatuful, strengthening, even enlighting thingsi learned that a situation is only what you make out of it, or learn from, good or bad
 / 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form