Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

You would not believe what just happened to me...

Gary Charlesworth
@gary-charlesworth
14 years ago
50 posts
OK so I get off the bus from work and head to my local tobaccanist store to pick up some rolling papers. I got stopped by a policeman who then preceeded to read me the Terrorism Act and informed me that under this act I was to empty my pockets, because he had a "feeling" that i was carrying a controlled substance. After searching me, my bag, and pulling they guy out the shop to be a witness, he found nothing illeagal on my person!His reasoning to stop and search me was that everyone with dreads deals weed. I informed him (not very politly) that he is a fucking idiot, and he would go a lot further in his carreer if he let go of preconseptions and stupid stereotypical veiws. He then preceeded to cuff me and haul me in the back of his car. If it hadn't been for the shop keeper, I would be in a cell by now waiting to see if i get charged.Thank you shop keeper for getting me out of jail. Tomorrow starts the long and painful task of filing a complaint. Wish me luck!
updated by @gary-charlesworth: 02/14/15 08:20:34AM
DeafyJae
@deafyjae
14 years ago
19 posts
Sigh.....when will it ever end? Sorry You had to go through that, but yea, I believe it!
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
oh hell wer are all behind u sue his ass get him fired alert the media as well that aint right and he cant do that shit

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Gary Charlesworth
@gary-charlesworth
14 years ago
50 posts
Unfortunatly in the UK we have the terrorism act which basicly gives the police almost unlimited power. This goes to their head VERY quickly. If I was to pursue leagal action, the courts will almost certainly rule in the polices favour. All thanks to George Bush setting up 9/11. Besides leagal action would only go to court if he was violent toward me. Luckily everyone just laughs in their face. The people are starting to fight back... POWER TO THE PEOPLE!
SillyWalkingMinister
@sillywalkingminister
14 years ago
327 posts
Seriously..get media behind his ass and SUE that sonuvabitch!! shopkeeper was the witness that he searched you cz u got dreads..
SillyWalkingMinister
@sillywalkingminister
14 years ago
327 posts
yea i get the law and if he had just searched you on "suspicion" that would have been different..but he said "everyone with dreads deals with weed"...so i dont think any law can protect him for that... Gary Charlesworth said:
Unfortunatly in the UK we have the terrorism act which basicly gives the police almost unlimited power. This goes to their head VERY quickly. If I was to pursue leagal action, the courts will almost certainly rule in the polices favour. All thanks to George Bush setting up 9/11. Besides leagal action would only go to court if he was violent toward me. Luckily everyone just laughs in their face. The people are starting to fight back... POWER TO THE PEOPLE!
❂•Paula•❂
@opaulao
14 years ago
751 posts
Well he did cuff you after finding you completely innocent...that alone is a good reason to sue
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
14 years ago
849 posts
This shit happens everyday, everywhere. Cops can do w/e they want and get away with it. We have the patriot act in the US and it gives them pretty much the right to do it all and get away with it and just say"well I thought he was a terrorist" It's happened to me many times. Actually just a few weeks ago we got pulled over for having "in transit" plates on a van we just purchased on Long Island, which were totally legit for another 3 weeks. The cop went through all our paper work and knew we weren't doing anything wrong and then said "look guys, I can smell something coming from the van you need to tell me now before I find it myself" He was DEAD wrong anyway and by our reaction,he knew it and let us go. We were lucky though.
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
14 years ago
849 posts
You hit the nail on the head Knotty! It sux but it becomes more and more of an illusion that there is anything we can do about it, besides maybe move off the grid somewhere and start a commune ;o) Knottysleeves said:
That's why I rarely go to the US now. The border crossing officers are just as power-hungry. Thanks to my dreads, facial piercing, and sometimes grubby clothes (hey, I like to be comfortable when I travel) I am always given the third degree by the customs people and looked at suspiciously.

I love being taken aside for questioning or "random" searches while suburban parents in huge SUV's are waved through without any questions -- and they've probably just smuggled $5K worth of cross-border shopping loot over the border and not claimed them for taxes & import duty!

My tax dollars at work. *sighs*

NaturalWomyn said:
This shit happens everyday, everywhere. Cops can do w/e they want and get away with it. We have the patriot act in the US and it gives them pretty much the right to do it all and get away with it and just say"well I thought he was a terrorist" It's happened to me many times. Actually just a few weeks ago we got pulled over for having "in transit" plates on a van we just purchased on Long Island, which were totally legit for another 3 weeks. The cop went through all our paper work and knew we weren't doing anything wrong and then said "look guys, I can smell something coming from the van you need to tell me now before I find it myself" He was DEAD wrong anyway and by our reaction,he knew it and let us go. We were lucky though.
Gary Charlesworth
@gary-charlesworth
14 years ago
50 posts
That sounds like the best idea ever... where shall it be though? NaturalWomyn said:
You hit the nail on the head Knotty! It sux but it becomes more and more of an illusion that there is anything we can do about it, besides maybe move off the grid somewhere and start a commune ;o)

Knottysleeves said:
That's why I rarely go to the US now. The border crossing officers are just as power-hungry. Thanks to my dreads, facial piercing, and sometimes grubby clothes (hey, I like to be comfortable when I travel) I am always given the third degree by the customs people and looked at suspiciously.

I love being taken aside for questioning or "random" searches while suburban parents in huge SUV's are waved through without any questions -- and they've probably just smuggled $5K worth of cross-border shopping loot over the border and not claimed them for taxes & import duty!

My tax dollars at work. *sighs*

NaturalWomyn said:
 / 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form